PDA

View Full Version : Wow! what a great group! (LONG)

speakeraddict
10/27/2003, 09:58 AM
Gang,

I just want to say thanks for welcoming me into the group and pass on some very positive things that have happened.

Tomoko has been wonderful! Without having a clue who I was, she agreed to meet with me and give me some macro algae for my tank. (nitrates now zero, thank you very much!) Then, this past Saturday we went to hardware store to get the supplies for her hood and stand and went to my shop and worked on them. She brought me some gorgeous cuttings which promptly opened up and look beautiful. She even played with my kids while daddy was using the grownup toys (powertools) to make her canopy. They love her!

Timmie says roaaarrrrr! (That means thanks for the dinosaur books)

Yoda has been very nice and I hope to be giving his tank a new home soon. :)

Everyone that I have talked to has been wonderful and I really appreciate it. I felt like an island when it came to aquarium stuff. No one knew a thing at the LFS or they were difficult to talk to.

I have been keeping reefs for years and took a three year financial leave from them. Now, I feel I will be able to properly give it the attention it deserves and my kids are excited too.

Thanks again!
speakeraddict

greenbean36191
10/27/2003, 04:40 PM
Tomoko and Yoda have also been great to me. They hooked me up with lots of frags to help me get started. It really helped alot. Thanks again for the frags you guys. They are doing great.

yoda
10/30/2003, 12:17 AM
I'm glad to have found some fellow reefers too. There wasn't an organized club where I moved from (Knoxville, TN.) and I only knew one guy who kept saltwater (and he only kept fish.)

Most of my hobby interaction has come from the reefcentral and reefs.org chatrooms. I still hang out in those, and have made many friends there, but it sure is cool to have some real-world reefer buddies. :)