PDA

View Full Version : Used 75 gallon SW tank and equipment for $250

Tomoko Schum
10/24/2003, 12:38 PM
A coworker of mine wants to sell his 75G SW tank with all the goodies for only 250 dollars.

He is not an enthusiast like us and he?fs just tired of taking care of the tank. He got the set up from a SW hobbyist originally.

The description is a bit too sketchy, but he is getting me some more details on it. Here?fs what I found out so far. I don?ft know the brand name of the tank, but it?fs in a very good condition. It has a good oak stand. It has a protein skimmer, two HOB filters with bio wheel (I think it's Marineland's), an undergravel filter, one large heater (wattage unknown but keeps the temp very stable), UV light and two dual power compact light fixtures on mounting legs with good bulbs (made by Helios). It has live rocks (not enough to call it a Berlin system) and some sort of substrate (he called it gravel.) It?fs not reef ready, but the tank being this cheap, you might chance it and drill it yourself. It?fs been mainly a fish tank with just a few mushrooms and sponges. It has been treated with an ich medicine once. I don?ft know if this would pose any problem with corals, but his mushrooms and sponge seem to be doing just fine. I asked him to show me the left over bottle, so we know what kind of ich medicine he used. Oh, it comes with a few fish (blue damsels, goby, etc.), a few starfish, a bunch of snails and crabs as well.

He just listed the tank in the newspaper. If any of you are interested, get with me quickly. He will give priority to my friend since he knows that my friends are real hobbyists who knows what they are doing (hopefully);)

Tomoko Schum
10/24/2003, 12:54 PM
I have the picture of the tank. If you are interested, I can email it to you.

Tomoko

ChrisB
10/25/2003, 10:26 PM
I would like to see it.
Thanks,
Chris

Tomoko Schum
10/26/2003, 03:38 PM
Hi guys,

My colleague has not contacted me yet this weekend. I have to get after him on Monday.

Tomoko

Tomoko Schum
10/27/2003, 10:26 AM
I just saw my colleague who is selling the tank this morning. He told me that the ballast on one of the compact flourescent fixture went out. The bulbs are still good. The other one is still operating fine. Both fixtures were bought at the same time so it might go out sooner or later. You never know.

He is getting me some more pictures. ChrisB, I will email you the picture I have on hand.

I know both ChrisB and Harry Hooper want the tank. Now you know one of the ballast is out. Please let me know if you still want it at that price. I will get you my colleague's phone number when he bring the pictures to me in a few minutes so you can talk it over with him.

Tomoko

Tomoko

speakeraddict
10/27/2003, 10:48 AM
I have several ballasts for PC lamps.

Whoever gets the tank, let me know what size you need for a trade.

Looking for live rock, live sand, corals, snails, hermits or a yellow tang. Anything in that list will be cool.

speakeraddict

flyin fish
11/04/2003, 10:09 PM
Do you still have the tank?I live in B'ham so i can drive to pick it up.E-mail a pix.