PDA

View Full Version : Labjack?

mothra
10/23/2003, 02:08 PM
I just now noticed this forum, never knew it was here. This may be a little off topic but I was wondering if any of you guys have worked with the Labjack I/O module before? I posted a couple of questions in DIY about it but nobody replied.

In general I'm interested in playing with it for monitoring ph, temp, and what not, and controlling some relays. Specifically I wanted to know what probes you had used, and where you got them if you recall.

Also any comments on ease of use with VB or VC++ would be nice (I'm a fairly accomplished programmer).

Any comments welcome!

emora
02/07/2005, 06:24 PM
I'm just getting started with my new LabJack U12.
I'm very interested in starting conversations with others doing the same.

How are you advancing?

fishfood2581
02/13/2005, 04:08 AM
this looks like it could be very promising. Any updates on how things are going. Will it handle a pH probe?

barebottoms
02/13/2005, 01:00 PM
The labjack like any other ADC just needs an OP amp.

If you look on Labjack's forum, the question has been asked many times.

And no, I'm not a Labjack user. Seriously consider 1 Wire stuff instead, cost is a lot cheaper and you're not limited to X number of ports, rather you just attach "devices" (the 1 wire chips or button) to the 1 Wire network.

There is all kinds of free development kits, and a all java enviroment with a SIMM stick computer you can run all your code off of if you don't want to dedicate a PC to the task.

In researching for my controller, I even found some guys measuring and automating using 1 Wire for exactly the same things in a different hobby.