PDA

View Full Version : Maxijet pumps

Pygmey
10/21/2003, 05:56 PM
Has anyone experienced alot of bubbles with their maxitjet pumps??

I just have a large number of bubbles and saw another reefer that had the same pumps..

Thanks

Eric

mmgm
10/21/2003, 06:06 PM
I have four Maxi Jet 1200s with no bubble problem. THey are working just fine.....

Bullet
10/21/2003, 06:57 PM
I have two also....mine are fine...no bubbles. I did have some bubbles from my return because I did not have it completely sealed. I fixe that in a hurry. I hate bubbles too! I'm not any help. They should not bubble because they are just sucking water in and shotting it out. The air must be coming from somewhere else.

reefcrazy00246
10/21/2003, 09:16 PM
Where are your pumps at?? Are they completely submersed under water?? How far are they from the surface??? Thats weird...like bullet said, the air has to be coming from somewhere, and if they are submersed they can't get air to them. What about any other things that maybe putting bubbles in your tank, Skimmer, other pumps, etc. Because in my prop tank I have a skimmer which hangs on the back, and every once in a while it put microbubbles in the tank, therefore the microbubbles collect under a lip on the bottom of the powerhead, and then when enough air gets caught under there then it moves around and gets sucked into the propeller, and shoots bubbles out all over, but thats not continuously or anything. Are your bubbles continuous, or every couple minutes??

wagnutz69
10/21/2003, 09:24 PM
I have had 2 maxijet 900's that just sparatically sent bursts of air bubbles throughout my tank. I do not know what caused it, but have sense discarded them. Now run all rio's (hear so many bad things abuot them, but mine are all 4+ years old on wave makers, with no problems so guess i'm doin pretty good). I am not sure what the problem was with them, but it got to be very annoying especially when you have several gorgonians in front of them that like to "collect" the airbubbles!!

my $.02 worth....

BOB