PDA

View Full Version : Question for the mods...

MarkS
10/18/2003, 12:17 AM
I know that I was one of the ones pushing the hardest for this forum, but I want to know something.

Are people, like myself, that currently do not have a tank of this size going to be allowed to post questions about future/dream tanks? Or better yet, will negative/inflamatory replies to such threads be tolerated?

It is my goal to have a very large system. I am planning this system in great detail even though it will be many years before it could be built. That is one of the reasons I pushed so hard for this forum. When I plan something, I go into great detail and make sure to plan ahead. I just don't want to have to deal will snobs...

DJ88©
10/18/2003, 12:29 AM
Mark,

As someone who is in the same boat(wanting a much larger system in the future) I can't see any reasons why you can't ask relevant Q's about a larger based system.

I will be in here quite a lot as once I finish school I plan on setting up something in the 200 plus size.

Inflammatory postings are not tolerated in any forum. There is no reason for them to be tolerated here.

Keep them on topic and join in. :)

but I'll let the guys say what they think. As the mods n all.;)

MarkS
10/18/2003, 12:31 AM
Thanks, but I already know that. ;) I just want it in writing for future reference. People have a tendency to forget....

Doug
10/18/2003, 12:46 AM
Hi Mark,

Since my largest tank is only a 90 gallon, I will be asking questions and looking for information since I plan on having a "big" tank sometime in the future.

The main reason for this or any other forum is to help all of our members and advance the hobby. If someone with a 10 gallon tank asks about circulation in this forum we will move the thread to the area where the question can best be answered but if someone is just thinking about setting up a large tank, I would always expect those questions to be welcomed in this forum.

Also, like DJ88 said "Inflammatory postings are not tolerated in any forum. There is no reason for them to be tolerated here."

I hope this puts yours and everyones mind at ease.

lllosingit
10/18/2003, 12:56 AM
Thank you

uryy4me
10/18/2003, 02:17 AM
Mark, what are you planning and how can we help? I can give you insight from a guy that recently set up a new SPS tank (~450g) and I am sure there are lots of others that can correct me and address other needs :D Speaking for myself, there is a lot to learn and I hope we can help each other. Fire away!

dgasmd
10/19/2003, 02:53 PM
So, What is considered a large or big tank for the purposes of this forum??

MarkS
10/19/2003, 03:05 PM
Any system with a total water volume of 180 gallons or greater. So a 90 gallon tank with a 90 gallon sump would qualify as the smallest system.