PDA

View Full Version : Trades in Boise/Meridian area?

pdb
06/07/2001, 08:58 PM
Anyone have anything in the Boise/Meridian area that they want to trade? I have some Leather coral, Zoantha (green/red), Colt, Yellow Polyps, Green Button Polyps, Green Star Polyps, and Mushrooms for trade.

Prefer not to ship so if anyone in the Treasure Valley has anything available let me know.

millennia@uswest.net
06/14/2001, 10:12 AM
I am growing some Red Pumping Zenia, but its pretty small. Just propogated it last week. Even so I'd be interested maybe next month. Mostly looking for SPS stuff and have some Green Posolopora that should be ready for some trades next month.

Kel

BraveHeart
07/08/2001, 12:05 AM
pdb,

Not sure that I'm interested in trading, but I've always got something that needs pruning. Let me know if you're interested and we'll figure out how to hook up.

If you're serious about trading corals, you should start coming to the monthly meetings. I'm betting that the allure of "free stuff" is what keeps most of us interested. Last month's meeting ended up over at my house for a weeding exercise.

Bryan

pdb
07/08/2001, 09:55 AM
Bryan,

I am actually going to be moving next week so I won't be adding to my tank or pruning anything until I have everything back up and stabilized. I have been wanting to attend a BRC meeting but always seem to have a conflict. The good news is that where I am moving is close to the meeting site so it may be easy to drop by soon. I would like to be on the safe side on my tanks and not add anything for probably a couple of months after I move the tanks so it will probably be a while. I am no expert but I imagine that it is pretty hard on a system to tear it down and start again. I will be in touch and hope to attend a meeting soon. Thanks.

Paul

BraveHeart
07/08/2001, 01:25 PM
Bleccchhhh! Boy, I hope it goes well for you. I moved mine over from Eastern Idaho a couple of years ago and, well let's just say it didn't go too well.

If you have a sandbed, I think one of the tricks is to try and minimize how much it gets disturbed. If I were moving mine again, I'd at least toy with the idea of trying to move it with most of the sand in place. Of course, with over 250 pounds of sand in a tank that's down in the basement, I might not think too long.

Anyway, your thoughts about taking it easy after the move are probably warranted. I'd do the same thing. I wonder if it will rebound in only a couple of months, or if it will take longer? You'll have to let us know.

If you need any help, just holler.

Bryan