PDA

View Full Version : the dreaded aipstia

prime8man
10/15/2003, 09:48 PM
i got a great green polp leather from the frag swap, but the plug it was attached to came with a few aipstia, they dont seem to be spreading or harming anything at this point and i know my water quality is high so i dont think theyll spread but, id like to take care of the problem now just in case.... but dont know how to do it, ive tried tweasing i cant get those #%%$#^#$ers!:mad2:

szwab
10/15/2003, 10:26 PM
try covering them with calcium hydroxide. should melt them like the wicked witch of the west.

topher374
10/17/2003, 02:14 PM
I had a bloom of theose once, and got rid of them with one lowly peppermint shrimp. Cleaned the entire tank in about 3 weeks!

prime8man
10/17/2003, 08:27 PM
will he bother any of my corals? i have mostly softies right now

prime8man
10/17/2003, 08:29 PM
just at byerlys and they want way to much for a p shrimp i guess ill have to get hold of one of the locals around here i think pishy has them cheap, lol i was just looking on his site and i could get one of those red shrimp for the price of that pepperment..

i guess i know whos kid ill be sending to college...........

topher374
10/18/2003, 08:30 AM
The peppermint shrimp I had didn't seem to bother any other types of polyps. I had a number of lps and mushrooms.
CP

Genetics
10/19/2003, 01:51 PM
An alternative to a peppermint, as he will eat your feather dusters too, is STOP aiptasia at Jack's over by Easton. Use a blunt syringe (they sell) and hit the aiptasia once or twice with it and poufff it's gone!