PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Central IL use a Ca Reactor?

saltyseaman
10/14/2003, 02:53 AM
Well, the reason I ask is because I just got one, but it is used and didn't include the Media. There is a pretty great deal here

http://customaquatic.com/customaquatic/listcat1.asp?CatID=cr

for some ARM media. 50lbs for $60 plus $32 shipping. It will take me years to use 50lbs. Since 8lbs cost $19 before shipping then the 50lb bag is about a $120 value before shipping. Half off, Not bad. Is anyone interested in going in with me on the Media? 25lbs shipped for the price of 19lbs before shipping.

OR

Does anyone have any media they want to sell? I'm willing to make the drive if the price is right.

If I don't get either of the previously mentioned deals to work out then I am looking at spending around $50 for 16lbs shipped, but I haven't done a whole lot of shopping around. That will only fill the reactor once. I might as well spend the $92 and be able to fill the reactor 3 times.

Anyways, let me know if anyone's interested. Thanx guys.

saltyseaman
10/15/2003, 12:20 AM
I've decided to just get the big bag. If anyone is interested in any media throughout the next year let me know. $2.25/lb.

Aged Salt
10/15/2003, 06:47 AM
Ssm, looks like your best bet. Fortunately, I live within 45min of Premium Aquatics so I'm able to buy it by the gallon,Bob

DKKA
10/15/2003, 11:06 AM
Hey Zak,

I have about 1/3 a bucket of Korralith left (7kg bucket) That should refill one of my chambers once. Not really enough to sell, and since I have no idea how fast I'm gonna go thru the stuff it seems premature to order more at this point.
But we might have to work on coordinating an order next time.

BTW, Custom aquatics is on the west coast. If I were you I'd look someplace closer to place your order and you'd prolly save some bucks on shipping. You might want to check premium aquatics.

Dan

saltyseaman
10/15/2003, 11:20 PM
Thanx for the Idea Dan!! I think all this school stuff has filled my brain to it's capacity :) . I gave them a call for a shipping quote and I can get 16lbs shipped for right around $40. That doesn't seem so bad. $2.50/lb after shipping. I think I'll take that route and save my money for something more important, like a Blue and Black anchor coral :) . Heck, I shouldn't need anymore media for at least 8 months. Let me know whan you're ready for more. That 50lb bag is still a hell of a deal. Thanx again for the Idea.

Consider yourself one lucky man Aged Salt.