PDA

View Full Version : Aquarium sitter

Papio
10/13/2003, 10:41 PM
Is there any experienced reefer here in Spokane that would babysit livestock and fish. I was thinking the way to do this is by purchasing a 10 gallon tank and puting my livestock in it. Then the sitter can take the aquarium home and babysit the tank. Just a thought because I need a sitter for a month in Dec. Or if any other aquarists needs a sitter here in Spokane, please reply and we can work something out. Thank you very much.

Papio
10/20/2003, 02:36 AM
Is there any reef support?

reefmarker
10/20/2003, 06:37 AM
I don't know about your area, but...

I use a critter sitter service. All I allow them to do is top off water and I pay $20 per service call. My tanks are fine for up to 2 weeks with just pellets on an autofeeder and I wouldn't let them add any chemicals!

If you want them to do much more than that it will cost you alot. I know of one place in town that requires weekly visits and charges 80 cents per gallon per week. So a 100 gallon tank costs $80 a week to maintain. They do alot and are would be worth it if you were rich enough to afford it, but I'm not.

Try any local pet sitter. They will probably know anyone else that is in the business. Most dog sitters will know the reef sitters also.

Papio
10/20/2003, 01:58 PM
Thanks for your reply I really do appreciate it. Im in the west side of Spokane, right above Deaconess hospital. I maybe could afford 80 cents per gallon since mine is just a nano 18gal. Do you know a number or the store name? Hey thanks for the support. One more thing do you think 2 or 3 times a week visit would be okay for a month?

Zephrant
10/20/2003, 09:55 PM
Papio- Come down to the reef club meeting on Saturday, maybe you can find someone there that can help out. Not many of the members frequent RC yet.

Zeph

Papio
10/20/2003, 11:14 PM
Hey thanks for your reply Zepharnt, I seen your work at Aquatic Dreams. Your custom skimmers and the set-up are awsome. I just like to go there and look at his livestock. Kev has one of the most beautifull livestock it reminds me of home (Hawaii). I visit Kev on a regular basis. I was gonna ask him if he could sit for me,but he has a shop to run.