PDA

View Full Version : New Website Coming!

Leviathan
10/09/2003, 04:57 PM
Hi everyone,

As some of you may already know, my Gateway completely crashed on me a few weeks ago. In the process of time and not knowing how long it would be untill I got a new system, the website was shutdown.

I ask you, please give me a little time, and I will have a new Club website up and running. I finally got a new system, and am slowly gathering the club info back. I will be mailing out a contact list very soon, and have already talked to a member that is willing to hold a meeting at his house.

Thanks.
Chris

Brookswashere
10/10/2003, 02:24 PM
Hey gald your back Chris!:D Glad your still our web master!!
Just got the contact list, man there are many members on that list I haven't seen on RC for awhile.

Good to see one of the "founding" fathers of the Alabama Reefers Club.

Brad

Leviathan
10/10/2003, 03:31 PM
Glad to be back,

I just registered a new website and will be working to get it up and running this weekend. I will also have the link changed on our fourm.

Chris

Brookswashere
10/12/2003, 07:07 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: we must get a meetting toghter soon!!!

Brad

il327
10/13/2003, 10:37 AM
What is the web address?

Leviathan
10/13/2003, 01:55 PM
there is absoultly nothing there yet,,,had a serious illness in the family this weekend. The web address however is:

http://www.freewebs.com/bamareefers/

jpsx3
10/14/2003, 11:42 AM
Sounds good Chris.

I know we haven't been real active over the summer but I am sure when everyone gets shut in the house for winter this group will perk up!:celeb1:

Leviathan
10/14/2003, 04:09 PM
I hope so Paul,

I think a lot of good things can come out of this club. Things that can benifit us all.

skilos1
10/15/2003, 01:58 PM
let me know if you need any help with anything, i'm pretty good with websites. Or anything else you might need.

Leviathan
10/16/2003, 12:48 AM
Thanks skilos,

I tell you what I need help with more than anything. Is for all of you to come up with some thoughts on what you would like to do during each meeting. I know everyone loves frag trades, and thats great, but IMHO it needs to be about much more than that.

For instance, maybe some simple yet usefull DIY projects we can come up with or do, stuff like that.

Chris

EvilMel
10/16/2003, 03:16 PM
Hey you guys, we have a reef club in TN called the East TN Reef Club and I thought you might like to hear about some of our topics for meetings. Might help you with some ideas?

We had a DIY power back-up system discussion (power goes off here as much as it did when I used to live in Huntsville).

Then we had a discussion on how to frag a coral, in which one of us bought a a coral and we all fragged it and took a piece home.

Then we had a frag swap and talked about calcium reactors (how easy/difficult they are to set up and where to get them, what they do for the tank, how balanced your system needs to be before you set one up.

Then we had a tour of one of our members outside greenhouse tank system. Unfortunately I missed that one.

This month we are going to the Ripley's Aquarium and doing a behind the scenes tour (maybe you guys could go to the Chattanooga Aquarium).

Then a future topic is going to be toxic corals, since many of the corals we keep in our tanks are supposed to be quite toxic. It might be nice to learn more about them.

But anyways I thought it might help to know what we had been talking about so there you go.

Mel

Leviathan
10/16/2003, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the Ideas Mel, there are a few you mentioned that I have had in my head as well.