PDA

View Full Version : Books

Pygmey
10/08/2003, 10:21 AM
Can everyone recommend a couple of their favorite books or sites...

Thanks

Eric

JSM
10/08/2003, 10:46 AM
My favorite coral book is Eric Borneman's 'Aquarium Corals'. Best up to date info out there. I also really like Fossa & Nilsens 'The Modern Coral Reef Aquarium' Vol 1-4. Very good books to help ID all those little critters in our tanks as well as corals and anemones. And lastly but not least is Veron's 'Corals of The World' series to help ID hard corals.

Janna

flyj3
10/08/2003, 12:48 PM
Have one more to add:
Book of Coral Propagation by Anthony Calfo
John

FlyGTI
10/08/2003, 03:59 PM
Just about anything of Martin Moe's is pretty good reading, and fairly sound. The only problem with it is that you've got to be careful to get the books that have been re-edited to be a little more current. While they were pretty cutting edge in the mid-90's, some of the information is pretty out of date.

I also enjoy Tropical Fish Hobbyist, as their information is usually very sound and timely. Freshwater and Marine Aquarium (FAMA) is also pretty good in this respect, but the photography isn't quite as nice, and it seems as if there's often more devoted to freshwater than salt/reef issues.

Atticus
10/08/2003, 06:47 PM
Joyce Wilkerson's Clownfishes is an excelent read as almost every marine tank set-up has at least one clown in it at some point. It is a very informative book for beginners and a "bible" for breeders. Travis

lllosingit
10/09/2003, 07:00 AM
: Marine Fishes:A Pocket Expert Guide 500+ Essential to Know Aquarium Species Scott W. Michael

This is a great book to have when your at the LFS and spot that cool looking fish and want to learn a little bit about it before you bring it home and find out it grows to 6' and eats house cats for breakfast.

It lists fish by category Tangs, Wrasses ect..
It has color pictures of each fish with common names and scientific name and it tells you if they are Reef safe, Max length ect..