PDA

View Full Version : Nice one ROBZ!!

Jamesurq
10/06/2003, 07:42 AM
Great tank - I remember seeing it a while back as a suggested TOTM. Thought it was a shoe-in when I saw it.

Great job! When you decide to frag - PLEASE CONSIDER ME A DUMPING GROUND!!!

Oh - btw - not sure if it's yours or Reefkeeping's typo - but the AGA tank is 24" H and 18" D not the other way around..

maryrosi
10/06/2003, 10:06 AM
:rollface: Congrats Robie!! Beautiful tank! Your an inspiration to many of us! I'm very happy that you've been honored. Well deserved!
:D
Mary

missy1101
10/06/2003, 02:33 PM
WoW.

Rob your tank is what dreams are made of. Beautiful!!!!

ROBZ
10/06/2003, 02:44 PM
Jamesurq, Mary and Missy1101, thanks so much for the kudos, I am really happy with the honor and happier when I see fellow hobiest and friends that have beautifull displays too!!! saying such cool things of my tank "KUDOS" :cool: :D :rollface:
thanks a ton

I will definatelly see when and how im doing some frags aveilable

Robie

Skipper
10/06/2003, 04:20 PM
Height and depth dimensions fixed. :D

Prolly my mistake.

ROBZ
10/06/2003, 05:28 PM
thanks Skip!!! could have been me with all the exitement!!!;)

dgasmd
10/06/2003, 05:41 PM
Congratulations Rob!

ROBZ
10/06/2003, 06:02 PM
Pero donde tu andas Alberto!!!! I was calling you man.... like crazy!!!

AcroSteve
10/06/2003, 06:43 PM
Excellent tank! Congratulations.

Who took the photos, and where they touched up at all? Incredible color saturation.

Your feeding schedule seems to be more that what I have seen with SPS tanks. Have you had many negative effects to the daily feedings? Is it a compromise to help out the other corals?

Nice work!

ROBZ
10/06/2003, 08:41 PM
stranglehold,
thanks Im glad you like the tank, as for the photos I would be the person in charged, and no they were not touched up ;) , Ive heard before the comment "of course graphic designer + photoshop"... but Im not trying to sell anything here just share my tank and experiences through out, anyone that has been at my place could say that maybe the photos do not do justice to the real thing;) :D.

as for the feeding I would say does raise the nutrients levels in the system which I found beneficial for some softies and even for the sps, but again everyone has its own way and so far this way of feeding has worked for me, the fish inverts corals everything is really healthy :)
thanks again

Robie

ridetheducati
10/06/2003, 09:39 PM
Good job. And congrats.

ROBZ
10/06/2003, 09:40 PM
thanks Tony!!!!

xeon
10/08/2003, 01:14 PM
The tank looks absolutely stunning. As I gaze into my develping mostly bare tank (minus some algae of course) and rock it makes me pretty green with envy... I mean gives me hope for the future. LOL Just kidding with you of course, the tank looks great.

The picture quality was top notch BTW. Maybe I'll see you around sometime, DC isn't exactly the other side of the world for me. Do you go to any of the WAMAS meetings?

SaltH2o
10/10/2003, 10:40 AM
Robz,

How often do you change your radiums out? Tank looks absolutely great.

WetWilly
10/10/2003, 05:15 PM
right there............on the lower left......see it? one square millimeter of live rock not covered in gorgeous, healthy, vibrant, (insert your superlative here) pant pant drool drool coral. :smokin: Congrats Robz your tank inspires me! OBTW can ya break a brother off a piece a dem zooz?:D

Aged Salt
10/10/2003, 07:00 PM
RobZ, nice job of aquariology:thumbsup:

Westpat
10/10/2003, 08:48 PM
After reviewing TOTM I promptly broke down and cried and pieced my system out to the nearest group of reefers I could find, in hopes of sparing the futility of trying to attain such perfection!

It has something for all of us, I cannot imagine seeing it in person!

Now a few questions please:
1)What kind of camera do you use?
2)You mention bringing the tank together as a part of different systems. What is the average age of the corals in the tank?
3)What is the secret to collecting such a mindblowing group of zoos? Some of them are beyond belief!
4)Do you propagate frags from your own tank, or do you have a selection of other corals that do not seem to work for you in that tank.

Thanks,
David

PS I lost a good two hours of my Friday night staring at those ricordea! How do you get drool off of a keyboard?

ROBZ
10/11/2003, 11:56 AM
THanks guys again for the KUDOS !!!!!:cool: :D

SaltH2o, I change the bulbs everu 6 1/2 months :( thats the only downside of the Raduims but if you VANT BLUE you mus pay!!!

Westpat, the camera i use is a nikon coolpix 990
the oldest coral in this system is probably over 2 years old avg. would be year to year and a half, the zoos I've been collecting them for a long time and locally , through trades & online, and I do have frags from the main display in the prop tank and some corals that im trying to grow a bit more so I can put them in the display, I did found when I switched to radiums from 10k that, some sps do not like as much the raduims :( I guess you cant have it all.

thanks again for the super nice comments!!!

Robie

alaskanholly
10/11/2003, 10:10 PM
Awesome, awesome tank!! I have three whole weeks under my belt and I can only hope to someday have the knowledge and experience to create and maintain a tank half as good as yours!!

beemer
10/13/2003, 10:24 PM
um uh uhhhh oh please master jedi show me the way. It all looks great!!!!
Congrats
Jerod

massman
10/18/2003, 02:47 AM
Well done Rob, a great tank.

I was interested to read your comments about some of your corals perishing on the change from 10k to 20k. How long hadyou been running the 10k, and how long have the 20k lamps been running?
Have you noticed any colour changes in your corals, in paricular the sps.

Once again nice work.
:thumbsup:

ROBZ
10/18/2003, 07:19 AM
thanks again for the KUDOS guys!!!

massman,
I have been running the radiums for a year, I really didnt said that the corals perish, but that they didnt liked them just that the colors in a few colonies or frags loss their colors like a purple valida, that did much better under 10k than 20k the body was more dark purple and under 20k it turn more light brown and the tips were purple, so I actuallu gave them to a friend that had 10ks;)
I was runing the 10k before the 20ks for maybe 2 years.

thanks again

docwells
10/19/2003, 11:42 AM
First off, very nice tank and deserving TOTM.
I was wondering if you could give me some information on your nilsen setup. What DIY plan did you use for yor nilsen? I need to construct one. Is there a dosing pump in the set-up. Is it controlled by a top-off switch or is it on constant or at night to help with low ph?
Thanks

JasonE
10/20/2003, 09:22 PM
ROBZ..awsome! Tell me more about the coral lobster, or whatever it is you have pictured just above the ricordias...one sweet critter. Did you buy it or was it a hitchhiker?