PDA

View Full Version : A. polymnus (black strain)

teevee
10/06/2003, 01:24 AM
Another great article. I have a pair of A. polymnus, the black strain. The stripe on their tail is not incomplete like the individual in your article. Is this fairly normal?

I'd like to think they are in fact A. latezonatus, but I really doubt this, although they originated in Australia, apparently. I have had them since July and my tank runs at about 83 degrees so that doesn't seem likely.

You do note that A. polymnus, both colour morphs, are difficult to find. Over the summer they were fairly common up here (western Canada). What are the chances someone is breeding them?

As you said, they were sold to me as A. percula, which they are most certainly not.

hcs3
10/07/2003, 10:20 PM
thanks for the compliment!

The stripe on their tail is not incomplete like the individual in your article. Is this fairly normal?

clownfish striping is fairly unpredictable.

You do note that A. polymnus, both colour morphs, are difficult to find. Over the summer they were fairly common up here (western Canada). What are the chances someone is breeding them?

i couldn't even hazard an accurate guess. i would have to asume that someone, somewhere is breeding them, but who knows. i know my local store, inland aquatics, is not. possibly ORA?

HTH

henry