PDA

View Full Version : 92 Gallon Corner Tank

skipm
10/05/2003, 11:42 AM
Thanks to Mike and Troy the 92 gallon corner tank is moved and set back up in my LR. I don't think there were any casualties, the corals are looking pretty good and their polyps are starting to extend well again, the bubble is reinflating but isn't quite as big as before yet. There is still a good ways to go to get it back up to full operation including figuring out different ways to run a couple of the systems like the kalk reactor. I'll try to get a pic or two up when I get things going a little more. That plus I need to try and get my LR back together again as well. I do think that Sassy has forgiven me for locking her out in the yard though. Skip

oceanarus
10/06/2003, 04:16 PM
Ever seen pictures of my 92 gallon corner tank?

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2272&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500
:D

skipm
10/06/2003, 07:36 PM
I sure hope that doesn't happen to me! This is the first time I have seen the picture. I kind of inherited the 92 I have, a friend bought the tank at a good deal for the LR and equipment to set up a tank at her house (she doesn't have a good place for the corner tank so I am getting it and any leftovers after hers is set up). I have all of the basics back together now with a couple of small exceptions like the kalk reactor, it was hooked up to a pressurized line and controlled with a float switch and a solenoid valve which I don't have the set up for. It has a powder blue tang and a pair of false perculas in it and a cleaner shrimp which will be going in Lees tank once she gets it set up and going. The corals look pretty good considering they were just moved saturday, about the only thing that looks a bit frumpy is the finger leather but it should bounce back in a few more days. I will try to post a couple of pics if I can get them small enough to post here. Skip

PS is it the 18th yet?

minfinger
10/07/2003, 06:00 AM
Allen,

I've seen that pic some many times ;) Funny though.

Skip,

Your welcome, thanks for the sand and the pump :D That was some fine grain sand too. It clouded up my tank for 2 days!

I wish I had a place to put some of those smaller rocks, that coraline was gorgeous.

No it's not the 18th yet...

skipm
10/07/2003, 09:45 AM
Darn! I guess I'll have to wait then (for the 18th). I almost tossed the small styrofoam cooler of sand but ended up tossing it in the 30 gallon, I notice some worm trails just from sitting overnight so this is definately some real LS.
The only thing in the tank that has not bounced back completely is the finger leather but it looks like it is standing a bit taller this AM. The powder blue is a pig and all it wants to do is eat, if there isn't food in the tank it is nibbling at the LR (I wonder if it has the munchies?). Skip

minfinger
10/07/2003, 09:56 AM
Probably Stress...But that's go that it's picking at the rocks, and hopefulyl not the corals. that was a nice looking tang. Is that fish going to what's her name?

You should keep all that sand you can. I'm sure at some point we'll start swapping sand. At every NCFrag meeting, everyone (w/o Bristle worms) brings a cup of sand and they mix it in a buck and then redistribute it to everyone.

minfinger
10/19/2003, 01:00 PM
Skip,

Give us some pics of the corner???

reefer240
10/19/2003, 01:34 PM
Hi Skip and Mike;
Skip, I have a 92 gal corner tank myself and I'm wondering if you found a way to fit a calcium reactor in the cabinet? Space is so tight under there my return pump and skimmer have the right side of the wet/dry full.

thanks, Lee

minfinger
10/19/2003, 04:48 PM
Try this...Skip made one and cut it down to 16" in height. The original I think was 20" or 22" Anyway...It's been said that it's been on as big as a 300G tank...Good luck...It's fun to make, I he brought it up to the meeting a few times.

Troy182
10/19/2003, 08:31 PM
Here you go

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=144438

minfinger
10/20/2003, 06:05 AM
DOH :D