PDA

View Full Version : Various SPS frags for sale. local pickup only.

tfp
10/05/2003, 12:34 AM
all of these frags are tank raised and were originally purchased from other reefers. nothing here is from a fresh wild colony. i'm selling most of these because they were accidently fragged while aquascaping and i can use the additional space. all are doing well. local pickup only and pm/email me for dibs.

tim

4" red digitata; $15

tfp
10/05/2003, 12:41 AM
1-1.5" green with pink tips sarmentosa frag; $10

http://reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&attachmentid=52880

tfp
10/05/2003, 12:44 AM
accidental post.

tfp
10/05/2003, 12:46 AM
brown, blue/white tipped stag, 2-2.5" with multiple branches.
this guy prefers lower light; $15.

tfp
10/05/2003, 12:49 AM
these guys are between .5-.75"; $8 for both.

tfp
10/05/2003, 12:51 AM
tan with small purple polyps and white rim, 1.5"x1.25"; $10.

tfp
10/05/2003, 12:55 AM
tannish/red birdsnest; very fast growing and branchy. whole colony was grown by me from a tiny frag! $30.

tfp
10/05/2003, 12:57 AM
whirling green with blue/white tip acro. this guy prefers low light and is very branchy. frag is about 3" and has 3 branches: $15

tfp
10/07/2003, 12:13 AM
the sarmentosa frag is sold.

DarkDevil
10/07/2003, 12:44 PM
Tim is a great guy and have a very nice tank, all his corals are very healthy, you guys won't regret it. Thanks again Tim.

tfp
10/07/2003, 11:20 PM
thanks for the props darkdevil.

all the frags are sold at this time. also, i decided to keep the birdsnest colony for now.

headshrink
10/08/2003, 02:20 PM
Thanks Tim for some GREAT frags :)

Took me a couple hours to find just the right placement.... I am sure I will be working on this over the next month. I ordered some aquastick last night to give me more options. I ordered the red stuff.... didn't know it was available in red but we shall see how that looks. When I turned on the lights to check them out I could litterally see the polyps opening up before my eyes and the vivid colors coming out! WOW! I think I will have to start a support group for reef addicts:p
As soon as I can grab my mom's digi cam I will get some pics and try to figure out how to post them.

Thanks again.... I second DarkDevil's props for Tim!!!

headshrink
10/14/2003, 12:57 AM
Hey Tim,

I think I finally found good placements for all the corals :D
The Birdsnest and Humilis had gotten knocked onto the sand by snail or crab so I will have to anchor them when I get the aquastick in. The red wasn't in so I am substituting with gray. A "thorn"on the birdsnest looks like it has died off - I think it had been burried in the sand... the rest had extended polyps even while at rest. Will this grow back or is it once dead-always dead?

Also, what would I use supper-glue on? I remember you doing it on some softies but I noticed my origional digitata frag from MARS has supperglue and looks great. Also the sinularia that you gave me a while back (and is doing great BTW) isn't attatched. It just sits on a ledge...... is there any reason I should try to attatch it to something or is it fine the way it is?

Bob

tfp
10/14/2003, 12:51 PM
bob,
don't worry too much about that birdsnest tip, it'll grow back within a couple weeks. i'd use the glue on just the base of the frag when applying it to the piece of lr. dip it slowly in water and it'll harden quickly.

for that softie frag, you can try using a needle and thread to tie him to the rock. some people use soft netting or bridal veil over the top of it until it attaches. if he hasn't moved in weeks, he will most likely attach himself.

headshrink
10/14/2003, 08:05 PM
So is there really never an advantage to using aquastick over glue?

tfp
10/15/2003, 12:27 AM
i guess it all depends on the application. if i can mount a frag to a relatively small piece of rock/rubble that can be removed from the tank, i've found glue to be the best. however, if the desired spot is on a huge rock that can't easily be removed, i've had decent results using the aquastick in conjunction with superglue gel. i prepped the aquastick, glued the frag directly onto it, then mounted the excess aquastick onto the lr (best to wedge it into place) and let it dry underwater. sometimes the final mount popped off the lr though :(

ozmonster
10/15/2003, 02:07 PM
hi Tim:

Do you have any still available? Let me know.

Rob

headshrink
10/15/2003, 11:59 PM
So do I look for Super Glue Gel at the hardware store or is it under a different name?

tfp
10/16/2003, 11:59 AM
ozmonster (rob),
the only ones available are the 2 small green humilis frags and the monti cap.

since all of them are already thouroughly encrusting on a medium piece of lr, i'd rather not detach them so i'd have to sell them with the lr (2-3lbs). i'd let them go with the rock for $35.

the rock is covered in coralline algae too.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1834591