PDA

View Full Version : Frag meet 10/4/03

RODSREEF
10/04/2003, 09:39 PM
Schism - Thanks for making the trip down the hill. The blue Zoos will compliment the my orange well.

dmorel - Thanks for hanging with me. It makes it a little easier being one of the new people.

mx-tang - Thanks for the info on the Plenium. I had to bail early to get the Zoos in and make to work on time. I'd like to continue the conversation next time.

Rod

Schism
10/04/2003, 11:28 PM
No prob Rod, Hopefully I will make it a semi-regular thing.

Thanks to everyone for showing up for me. I'm glad I didn't have to take anything of mine home!

jer0886
10/05/2003, 10:03 AM
Yes indeed - I'd like to piggy back on here and say thanks to everyone for welcoming all the new peeps including me and my brother Josh! It was great to meet all of you & I hope to see ya'll again next time...hopefully we can stay a little longer!

-Jeremy

AZDesertRat
10/06/2003, 10:44 PM
Jeremy,
You and Josh would probably enjoy the Desert Marine Society meetings also. Check out their forum for meeting locations and times.
I also was a newbie to both FRAG and DMS 6 months ago and have received a wealth of information from MX Tang and other regulars. D Morel has helped me with my lighting and I can also say I am probably the first of the group to have some of Schisms zoos and SPS in my systems. Thanks Mike, Dave and Nick you guys are tops and I owe all of you a lot for your assistance.
Its great to have a hobby ( or is it a sickness???) where everybody truly enjoys seeing someone else succeed. I can't wait until I have some things worthy of trading.
A.J.

jer0886
10/06/2003, 10:56 PM
I'll have to try and make a DMS meeting. It's just so dang far away from this side of town! When is the next one? The website still says Sept. 25th?

-Jer

Schism
10/06/2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by jer0886
I'll have to try and make a DMS meeting. It's just so dang far away from this side of town! When is the next one? The website still says Sept. 25th?

-Jer
So far away :rolleyes:.
I'll trade you drives.
:p

AZDesertRat
10/06/2003, 11:26 PM
Meetings are the last Thursday of the month so it looks like the 30th. You will see some of the same people from FRAG plus others. Always very informative and sometimes they have nationally recognized guest speakers.

jer0886
10/06/2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Schism
So far away :rolleyes:.
I'll trade you drives.
:p

Heh - you win ;)

mx_tang
10/07/2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by AZDesertRat
Jeremy,
You and Josh would probably enjoy the Desert Marine Society meetings also. Check out their forum for meeting locations and times.
I also was a newbie to both FRAG and DMS 6 months ago and have received a wealth of information from MX Tang and other regulars. D Morel has helped me with my lighting and I can also say I am probably the first of the group to have some of Schisms zoos and SPS in my systems. Thanks Mike, Dave and Nick you guys are tops and I owe all of you a lot for your assistance.
Its great to have a hobby ( or is it a sickness???) where everybody truly enjoys seeing someone else succeed. I can't wait until I have some things worthy of trading.
A.J.

Hey AJ, your welcome and thank you as well. The club really has grown in quite well this past year and we're glad that we have such diverse hobbyists who make it all worthwhile :) I definitely agree with you about enjoying others success in reefkeeping. It's really great to see successful tanks, in any measure of the word.

Jeremy and Josh, nice meeting you at the meeting (or at least your brother) and I'm glad to hear that the 125g project is doing well. If you'd like to check out a DMS meeting and need a ride up there, post a message, e-mail me, or give me a PM and let me know.