PDA

View Full Version : Subscribe to this Forum

zooqi
10/03/2003, 10:39 AM
Just in case if you did not know that you can subscribe to NCPARS Forum by clicking the link in the bottom of the Forum
NCPARS FORUM (http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=246)

The links says
Subscribe to this Forum

and you will get a notification about all posts in here. I did not know you could do that untill we started the club so this is for those who might not know about it.

Tagamet
10/13/2003, 08:04 AM
I've tried to "subscribe to this forum" and it shows up as subscribed in "my reefcentral" , but I don't get emails when someone posts. Suggestions?
Tagamet

zooqi
10/13/2003, 08:59 AM
did you go to this link and subscribe?
http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=246

or click here forum (http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=246)

and go all the way to the bottom and subscribe.

or did you subsribe to this thread? just making sure.. anybody else tried it and it did not work?

Fizz71
10/13/2003, 11:58 AM
I don't get email notifications either. I don't think it does email notifications on forums. And it's a good thing too since I'm subscribed to several formus and would max out my email in a less than 24 hours! :)

Although you can look at the icon on the "My RC" page to see if something is new.

--Fizz

zooqi
10/13/2003, 01:22 PM
RD does nitification on forums and I get every single notif. if somebody posted in NCPARS forum which makes it nice and this way I know of a new threads. One thing is that I also get a notification if I posted in NCPARS which is find and I have filtered it through my prorgram so I don't get mine

Tagamet
10/13/2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by zooqi
RD does nitification on forums and I get every single notif. if somebody posted in NCPARS forum which makes it nice and this way I know of a new threads. One thing is that I also get a notification if I posted in NCPARS which is find and I have filtered it through my prorgram so I don't get mine

I, too, would like to know when anything is posted to the ncpars forum, but so far no luck. I'll recheck my "preferences" settings, but when I subscribe to *threads* I get a notice everytime something is posted to that thread. It'd be nice if that was the case with this entire forum.
Tagamet

zooqi
10/13/2003, 01:44 PM
hah,,I get them all the time, so you subscribed to the whole forum and not a thread.
You can get a notification from a thread by replying to it or subscribing to it
you should be able to subscribe to a forum too by going to the whole forum main page and go almost to the bottom under "new thread" and click on Subscribe to this forum. You can check with on of the Mod and see how it works then if you can't still get it. It might not say anything in Subscribe to this forum but you should still get them.

Mal3
10/20/2003, 12:18 AM
I too am subscribed to the form, but I do not get emails. I only get email when subscribed to a thread.

Zooqi, if you get the whole form, what is the secret?

Mal

zooqi
10/20/2003, 09:41 AM
I don't know but is something I really like and it helps too. It might've been added to mine when I was doing emails to setup the forum for the club. That bottom in the bottom of the whole forum should have a reason and I'm surprized that is not working. I will go and subscribe to URS and see if I will get the notifications.

Fizz71
10/20/2003, 09:55 AM
Could it maybe be that you're the club sponsor or something?

--Fizz