PDA

View Full Version : Surface skimming

DeSantes
06/01/2001, 02:11 PM
Hi everyone.

First of all, I'd like to comment on how terrific this community is. This is my first post, and I look forward to everyone's insight.

:D

I have a 5.5 gallon setup at the moment. I wanted to know if anyone has any tips on skimming the water surface in such a small tank. The surface is broken quite a bit by an hang on filter, however, the goop on the water's surface is still quite noticeable.

Thanks in advance.

Timbo
06/01/2001, 03:57 PM
I've not had any problems on my nano with just the hang on filter disturbing the surface. There might be some film on the top but I doubt its too big a problem.

Tim

DeSantes
06/01/2001, 04:31 PM
Thanks Timbo.

It's not super bad on the surface. It's probably just me being a bit over protective or anal is more like it.

:p

By the way, I am looking for a small skimmer. Anyone have any suggestions? I've seen the Sanders Piccolo I think it's called, but the pages I've seen don't have dimensions for it. My tank is 16L x 8W x 10H. I did see the Prizm one and that I believe may be a bit tall for my system. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

kennerd
06/02/2001, 11:13 PM
I have a lee's in-tank skimmer, and it really is fantastic: pulls a ton of crap out of my tank (12 GAL) but takes up some room.