PDA

View Full Version : Honest is the Best Policy

ReefCorner
09/30/2003, 03:45 PM
My son and I went to Carle Place, Long Island again to Gateway Country Store. Across the road is Petco which we visited.

The fish where all dying. The African Cichlid tank was the worse. Eight dead fish in the tank.

The coral tank looked sick. Plagued with algae. Sick mushroom and polyps rocks.

We decide to leave the store. Upon leaving the store my son found a lady's wallet. The wallet was loaded with credits and ids and MONEY.

So, I said to my son let's turn it in to the store manager. We found the store manager and give him the wallet. The manager check for ID. It belong to a student from Washington state. The wallet contained $12.00 cash.

:) For our honest the store manager rewarded us with 20% off on our total order.:)

So we return to the coral tank and purchase 2 sickly corals for $25.00 each. Less 20%.

PS On the way back to the coral tank. We ID the lady shopping in the store. I say are you missing your wallet. She checked and realized that her wallet missing. We inform her that we turn it in to the store manager. She so was very greatful that we found it and turn it in.:)

I said we will nurse the back to health.

The mushroom rock under better lighting and water quality opened up to be beautiful piece.:)

The polyps is still recovering.

marinefish
09/30/2003, 04:33 PM
Ileana, I always knew that you and Chris were very honest people. Keep up the good work and good luck with the new corals, Bernie
:) :)

JToddyBAS
09/30/2003, 05:44 PM
You are a jem Ileana and a really good person... which you proved again.
I hope you make it to our Auction it now will be at St Brendan's Church in E 12th St and Ave, O.:dance: :dance: