PDA

View Full Version : I think we need to do a DIY Session

Troy182
09/30/2003, 11:18 AM
If anyone else is interested lets plan it. We could do it at my house in Beaufort or someplace in Charleston. I think it would be a blast. Plus then I could get skip to Buiild my sump.:lol:

minfinger
09/30/2003, 04:02 PM
LOL :D Yeah Skip come on, Mr. Acrylic!

For real, I've been trying to plan a DIY session for a while...I wanted to do something cool. Maybe a Skimmer, a Sump, A Refigium, or DIY instructions for that CR. What else could we do?

Troy182
09/30/2003, 09:07 PM
I was thinking about a frag tray that I could put in my tank so that it would be raised slightly off the sand by means of feet on the corners but would then be high enough to dimminish the flow to whatever I decided to put into there to attach AKA MUSHROOMS

minfinger
09/30/2003, 09:39 PM
I've seen trays like that...All we need is a vice and a really hot heat gun. And something to drill the holes with...We could make the whole thing out of acrylic.

I was talking to Skip on the phone earlier, and we're thinking about having some kind of a technique(s) demonstration.

P.S. Did you understand about the next meeting topic? Bring some info about your favorite coral or pick one you'd like to talk about. I'm hoping this will give everyone the feeling of more involvement in the whole idea.

Troy182
09/30/2003, 10:04 PM
Yes I understood. Can anyone say colt coral?:lol:

ahill
10/01/2003, 09:29 PM
Im in as long as its on a weekend! Let me know!

Troy182
10/05/2003, 08:30 PM
Ok My wife and Kids are going out of town Next Thursday and returning no the 22 so... Who wants to Do a DIY party at My house on Sunday the 19th the day after the meeting? If not we can do it another time