PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going on Ripleys Aquarium trip?

SmartWrasse
09/30/2003, 10:53 AM
This is an invitation to join the ETRC at Ripleys Aquarium of the Smokies on October 18. We will be meeting with the caretaker of the coral reef tank (Neal) and touring some of the facilities. We will meet by 2 pm outside the ticket turnstiles, just inside the building at the entrance of the aquarium. http://www.ripleysaquariumofthesmokies.com/

The admission fee is about $16 dollars for adults.

Please respond to the email I sent or here if you will be going and how many will be in your party. Also if you would be interested in carpooling or a van. We have discussed renting a van (or possibly two).

See you there, Mike Teague

Sir Knight
09/30/2003, 01:53 PM
Marie and myself are going
Joe W

awcurl
09/30/2003, 04:46 PM
Maxine and I will be going also.

Art

Sir Knight
09/30/2003, 05:08 PM
Hey Mike,
Are you going?

Joe W.:beer:

SmartWrasse
10/01/2003, 09:59 AM
OK, So far I know these people are going- (by RSVP)
Mike Teague
Joe & Marie W.
Art and Maxine C.
Gould S.
Roger and Janet A.
Dave and Nicki S.

I think Dena (my wife) will have a tennis match that day.

Pandarian
10/01/2003, 01:14 PM
i have a wedding i have to go to, so i wont make it :(

SmartWrasse
10/02/2003, 08:55 AM
Mel and Brent are also going.

reefhound
10/02/2003, 06:59 PM
I will be working that morning but plan on being there by 1.30
hate that i have missed to last 2 meetings
cant wait to see you guys

gfunkera
10/03/2003, 12:38 PM
both Talia and myself will be there. Cant wait.
Glenn

SmartWrasse
10/10/2003, 10:30 AM
If we have enough people to carpool I could rent a van to drive to the aquarium. Let me know if you want to do this.

EvilMel
10/14/2003, 01:23 PM
Does anyone want to meet up and drive together atleast?

I would also be willing to ride in a van that we rent.

Mel (and Brent)

SmartWrasse
10/15/2003, 08:22 AM
Update on Meeting:
Neal Isaacs is the caretaker of the Reef aquarium at Ripleys. He will have a 30 min presentation on this for us. We will tour the support system and display Reef. There will be a behind the scenes tour of the support system of the large animal tanks. We will also have a monthly meeting of ERTC which will likely be brief. Again, we will met outside the ticket turnstiles at Ripleys before or by 2 pm on Saturday.

There hasn't been much stated interest in using a van. I have a non-vette vehicle which can haul 4 to 5 people, so I will have room for 2 or 3 others. Lets post more here on the transportation we will use.

Thanks, Mike

SmartWrasse
10/16/2003, 05:29 PM
Well it looks like we are too spread out over East TN to get our carpool together. So I'll meet you there. Don't forget to leave early. There is no plan for food at the meeting, so you could eat lunch in Gburg if you are too early. The parking garage is located down the road past the shuttle stop at the entrance.

Don't worry about it if you are thinking about going at the last minute. More people the better... They will be able to accomdate our group. So come on and suprise us.:bounce1: