PDA

View Full Version : Danner Customer Service (Mag Drive Pumps)

canadawest
06/01/2001, 01:14 AM
Just wanted to give a huge thumbs up to Danner Mfg!

I wrote them an email about two weeks ago complaining about the noise and rattling coming from my Mag 9.5 pump. They replied within 24 hours and asked for my address to send out a replacement impeller.

Well the package arrived 4 days later. In it was not only a brand new impeller, but a new front cover, a new o-ring and all sorts of Danner literature and catalogs. All FREE of charge, no questions asked.

Now that is first-class customer service. I highly recommend their pumps, not only because of the excellent customer service, but also because I think the pumps are great too.

Oh, and by the way I finally got around to changing the parts tonight and the pump is practically silent now after changing the impeller and front cover. Definitely happy! :D

myreef
06/01/2001, 06:00 AM
Nice to hear good things about companies instead of flaming and bashing. I wrote Danner about 2 weeks ago with a questions and they also responded within 24 hours. I was very surprised it was so quick. Got to love good customer service! :)

Tucsons reef
06/01/2001, 11:36 AM
canadawest I have the same thing going on with my 9.5 can I get the email address so I can send them some mail?

canadawest
06/01/2001, 12:41 PM
I sent my inquiry to val@pondmaster.com

The reply came from somebody at BMin462581@aol.com

tane
06/01/2001, 03:55 PM
I have a Mag24 that was leaking voltage into the aquarium, not lethal, around 50Volts. I posted the question to them in their contact us form on their web site, not respond yet. I'll give that email a go and see if I have any luck.

myreef
06/01/2001, 04:08 PM
Tane, I contacted them through their website a few months back and never heard from them. Then when I sent Val an email, she responded very quickly. It was the same email that CanadaWest typed. I would try that....I bet you get a quick response. HTH

tane
06/04/2001, 10:31 AM
Well, I configured the Mag24 pump ( that was leaking voltage ) as an external pump and everything worked fine. I was quite satisfied with this setup, cuz it worked. I did this last weekend.

Today ( Monday ), I got a message from Michael Danner calling regarding the voice mail I left last Friday on their phone messaging system, asking me to call him back. I called him back and told him that everything is OK now, and I'm quite happy and content with the pump. He then insisted to send me a new pump because the leak might have damaged some parts in the pump and will not last as long as it should. I'm literally speechless, and will probably only buy Mag pumps for my aquarium from now.

RichWise2002
04/18/2002, 05:31 PM
I also have the Danner Mag 9.5 pump and it has started to make a rattling noise as well. It also has a tendency to shut-off about once a day for the past three days. I did a search (what a great feature of this site) about the problem and found this thread. Boy was I amazed when I read it. I have just sent Val an e-mail and will write another post soon.

Rich

Nanook
04/19/2002, 07:13 AM
I have two Mag 950's on my 58g tank....the skimmer pump impeller kept breaking for ???reason. I called the company and talked with Val...within a week, they gave me four new impellers. She told me that they were having some "issues" with the Impellers on the Mag 950'. I went through three impellers really quick and the last one has been working for over a month...knock on wood.

I was very impressed with the supportive, excellent customer service from Danner Corporation and will definitely buy more Mag pumps in the future.

Nanook

Snailman
04/20/2002, 08:27 AM
I am glad to hear all of this. I have a Mag 7 that leaks water into the motor winding and blows the GFCI. This was an external pump. I am going to see if val will help me too. :)

jus1moretank
04/21/2002, 03:11 PM
Snailman:
Thats what mine did also and Val sent me a new one this week. Mine was 11 months old.:D

montepora
04/21/2002, 11:31 PM
Me too, me too.

My Mag 24 pump that I am using for the ETSS 800 was making noise and not as powerful as before. I called them up, left three messages and send one email. The email worked and they call me back ASAP. They Promised a new impeller, I have not received it yet as but will let you all know. So far so good I guess?

JasonD
04/22/2002, 10:46 AM
I also have to say Val at Danner gave me excellent service. I had a Mag 950 that was rattling. I emailed her and she sent me a new impellor and cover. It quited it down quite a bit, not totally silent but pretty good. I now have the pump running inside my pump driving my lifereef skimmer, can't hear it at all now.

I'm using their Mag 1800 externally for my 120 gallon reef. Love the pump. I would recommend Danner and their customer service. Val even called me up to make sure I got the part OK.

Try That with Rio:eek1:

Jason