PDA

View Full Version : Coral List for Oct. 5th Meeting

Atticus
09/29/2003, 06:30 PM
I have a only a few items to trade at this time, but I thought maybe others would benefit from a list.
I have:

Toad Stool with white polyps
Regular toadstool
Huge green and tan frilly shrooms
blue shrooms
reg. size green frilly shrooms (different species than above)
Bi-color acro
encrusting monti
white rim monti cap
1 purple fungia
green acropora
neon green acropora
purple frilly shrooms
purplish with green tipped "ricordea" <== Not 100% positive

All frags will be fresh cut. I would rather trade, but may sell if necissary. Travis

lllosingit
09/29/2003, 10:18 PM
Are you talking about the club meeting at The Reef Connection?

Pygmey
09/29/2003, 10:32 PM
Got a pic of the blue shrooms?? And check your PM atticus...

Eric

lllosingit
09/29/2003, 10:37 PM
Where's the frag swap going to be held at?

flyj3
09/30/2003, 02:09 AM
I think about everyone fragged hard on the sunday swap, But Atticus didn't make it so he is fragging for the club meet in Altoona.
Illosingit, I didn't see you at the swap. Did our paths just not cross? It was pretty hectic.
John

lllosingit
09/30/2003, 06:37 AM
No I didn't make it to the meeting.
I don't know if i'll have anything other than some Xenia and a few green Zoo's to bring to the meeting.
I don't think Janna intended for the meeting to be a big frag swap so it's probably good that everyone did the swap last weekend, She did say she would be open to us if we wanted/needed to make a purchase though.

If anyone is interested in some Pulsing Xenia post here so I know what to bring. I will sell/swap

See you guys at the meeting.
John

Atticus
09/30/2003, 03:28 PM
I just figured that since we were there we could trade out prearranged deals. When everyone arrives it only takes a couple minutes to hand out what is traded or pre-paid for. To save time make sure you only bring corals that are already spoken for. Travis

flyj3
09/30/2003, 04:33 PM
I think it would be alright in the parking lot...I wouldn't walk in and say "Hey come and get the frags". I am buying from them that day also, If they have something I want.
John

Pygmey
09/30/2003, 05:06 PM
Good.. John I will have your ricordea.. I hope you will have the Xenia and COlt :)

Pygmey
09/30/2003, 06:18 PM
Hey is anyone interested in a White candy cane.. It was sold to me as blue which it is when it is closed but has turned more of a white in my tank.. Or a red/orange candy cane frag?

lllosingit
09/30/2003, 09:50 PM
Pygmey
This is a picture that was posted by Phisher in a different thread but mine is the same kind of xenia

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1082579

lllosingit
09/30/2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by flyj3
I think it would be alright in the parking lot...I wouldn't walk in and say "Hey come and get the frags". I am buying from them that day also, If they have something I want.
John
I think a quick parking lot swap would be a great idea.
I just wouldn't feel right going into Jannas store to trade, That would be like bringing your own food into a restaurant.:D

lllosingit
09/30/2003, 11:27 PM
SeanT posted a deal on snails.
But it was deleted by the mods for spamming.
Here is the post.
Let me know if you want in on the deal, I will pay and have them for the meeting but we I need a few people to commit to total of at least 400 +- snails I'm going to buy at least a100 myself.
Here's the post.

Hi,
With winter approaching, and the ability to ship livestock safely, due to the cold temperatures, quickly coming upon us, I am offering a package deal on Nassarius Ilysana Obsoleta snails to the reef clubs.
These snails are excellent scavengers, detritus eaters, some types of algal eaters and sand bed stirrers. They, however, do not need a sandbed.

Currently I have about 3500 snails in my tanks. I do not really want the hassle of keeping them thru the winter as I will not ship once it gets too cold. To great a chance of DOA’s. I don’t want to be responsible for senselessy killing these animals. So either I sell them at a greatly reduced cost or I take them back to the inlets and release them. Either way is fine.

So before I make the trek to release the snails I am offering the following ‘specials’ for club buys.

500 snails for $125 shipped
1000 snails for $180 shipped
1500 snails for $225 shipped
2000 snails for $265 shipped

Shipping costs are approximately $20-$25 deciding on the number of snails. I state this to help you judge the per snail cost as the cost of shipping is already included in the prices.
The method of shipping will be by UPS 2 day air.
If you would like overnight shipping an additional $20 will be added on.
I will supply heat packs at no additional cost.
All snails will be double bagged with no more than 50-75 snails per bag.

that would $12.50 for 50 snails or $.25 per snail or if we get enough people together then we could get a thousand snails and the price drops to $.18 per snail.

flyj3
09/30/2003, 11:47 PM
I will take 50 maybe 100.

jdsabin1
10/04/2003, 08:43 PM
I have a brown acro with purple tips, a salmon/yellow Acropora millepora, and a tan birds nest.

Let me know if anyone is interested. I will probably bring them anyway and see if Janna will give me store credit if nothing else.

-Jeff

lllosingit
10/04/2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by jdsabin1
I have a brown acro with purple tips, a salmon/yellow Acropora millepora, and a tan birds nest.

Let me know if anyone is interested. I will probably bring them anyway and see if Janna will give me store credit if nothing else.

-Jeff
Jeff are these frags?
I am interested in all three, I still have lots of room in my 125.
I will be at the meeting so I'll look for you.
Thanks
John L

jdsabin1
10/04/2003, 09:14 PM
Yes these are frags. The brown/purple acro is a pretty large frag actually and is mounted on a small rock already.

The millepora is the smallest frag of the bunch. The birds nest is a frag but still a decent size. It fuzzes up very nice in my tank, but I simply don't have room for it.

I would prefer to trade as I am not in this hobby to make any money. Softies preferred as I have two small 5 and 1/2 gallon predator tanks that could use more frags.

Thanks,

-Jeff

lllosingit
10/04/2003, 10:56 PM
Well I guess that leaves me out as the only thing I have to frag is Pulsing Xenia and Green Zoo's, I do have a pair of Mantis but I don't think I can catch them in time for the meeting.

jdsabin1
10/04/2003, 11:01 PM
In that case I'm willing to give them to you for some frags down the road. How does that sound? :)

lllosingit
10/05/2003, 01:05 AM
That sounds great to me.

Atticus
10/06/2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by jdsabin1

I would prefer to trade as I am not in this hobby to make any money.

Hehe, Well you are in the right hobby then!!! :D