PDA

View Full Version : ro di

prime8man
09/29/2003, 12:24 AM
ok im still buying water it costs me a lot. ive been researching ro dis lately (past 3 months) but cant make a decision. I dont think i need a extremely high end one just a basic one for evaporation and bi weekly water changes, but i want reliabiliy and quality. Ive seen home made ones and ones made for homes and not aquarist, can someone shed some light on this subject? What is the best and worst.....i simply want something that works well and i dont want to pay for someone else's kid to go to college..

help!:(

hammerhead
09/29/2003, 12:39 AM
You can find a very good one on ebay. I and many others have perchased them there. I got a 6 stage 75gpd RO/DI with the storage tank for 98$. I also got there case of filters 4 changes in the case for 75$. You wont find a better deal then there.

zeppelin
09/29/2003, 04:06 AM
Add a float valve to the system in your sump, and the fill is automatic. :)

Larry:cool:

NorthCoast
09/29/2003, 08:03 AM
You can check out this site: http://www.aquaticreefsystems.com/

They have a good reputations and the prices are pretty good. You may be able to find similar products at a lower price, however, I haven't shopped around for a while. Things to look for inaddition to the number of stages are
1) type of filter media
2) particulate size that it can remove (e.g. 1 micron vs 0.5 micro vs 5 micro)
3) replacement options (propietary or can you use other brands) Sometimes the units are inexpensive and the replacement media is almost as much as the original setup.
4) Rate at which it produces usable water (gpd) and under what conditions (water pressure and temperature)

Just some things to consider,
NC