PDA

View Full Version : Where Can I get some Southdown?

luckyk0505
09/28/2003, 11:12 PM
Any south down near cleveland??
willing to drive for 2 hours

dkh0331
09/29/2003, 05:08 AM
I know that the Home Depot in Cranberry, PA has it. There may be other HD's closer to you that might carry it.

If you are unable to locate any, let me know. How many bags are you looking for? I drive up to Cleveland a couple of times a month and if you were able to meet me, I could stop by a HD on my way up there and pick-up some bags for you. Costs only, not looking to make anything here.

David

fade2black
09/30/2003, 12:16 PM
How many are you looking to get? I went to the HD in Erie, PA and they had about 4 pallets of them. I have 2 bags left if you want them.

Fade

luckyk0505
10/01/2003, 04:33 AM
I am looking for
10 bags of 50lbs
or 12 bags of 40lbs
looking at around 500lbs total
thanks guys
where should I try?

Bowman
10/06/2003, 03:19 PM
Lucky for you the closest to you would be Erie Pa I would think.

gcrowptc
10/06/2003, 08:18 PM
Ok not to sound stupid but what is southdown? and what would someone use it for?

Bowman
10/07/2003, 08:41 AM
I thought everyone knew about Southdown. It is fine sand that people use for making a deep sand bed in their tanks. You can find it at some Home Depot's. It is Southdown Tropical play sand which is not a silica based sand so it is useable for marine aquariums.

fade2black
10/07/2003, 04:37 PM
And it's only $4.99 for a 50lb bag! :D

Fade

gcrowptc
10/07/2003, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the info .... My job takes me all over and am in and out of Home Depots for work items daily, will keep an eye out for it and keep everyone posted.

fade2black
10/08/2003, 07:17 AM
I have yet to see it anywhere in Ohio. When I set up my new tank a couple of months ago, I called every HD in Northern Ohio and no one had it....didn't even carry it. The only places I found it was one place in Detroit and the one in Erie, PA. It seems that only certain districts within HD get this type of sand. The Ohio district is getting the Best brand playsand (which I believe comes from somewhere around Chardon, Ohio). There is a thread on here that is about 10 pages long that gives more info than you could ever ask for on this sand.

Fade

gcrowptc
10/28/2003, 10:26 PM
home | pay | sign out | services | site map | help

Back to list of items Listed in category: Home > Pet Supplies > Fish > Coral, Algae Eaters

Aroganite Southdown 50# Saltwater Sand Item number: 2356264860

You are signed in Watch this item (track it in My eBay)

Go to larger picture Price: US $11.99

Time left: 4 days 10 hours
5-day listing
Ends Nov-02-03 06:02:03 PST
Quantity: 738 available
History: Purchases
United States /Billings-Boise

Shipping and payment details

Seller information
brother88( 12)
Feedback rating: 12
Positive feedback: 100%
Registered Dec-23-02 in United States

Read feedback reviews
Ask seller a question
View seller's other items

Purchase Protection

Description

This is the real stuff. Carabsea has a monopoly on this, they try to sell it for insane prices because it's right out of the bottom of the ocean. Ours is real too. This is sugar sized aragonite with all the natural PH balancing calcium you need for the perfect marine enviornment. I ordered 16 pallets to save money for my new store Idaho Saltwater Emporium. This large order has made it possible to make this sand affordable to all the saltwater lovers in the east coast as well as everywhere else
Special rates apply for those who have friends and want to buy a whole pallet and split the cost, so if you belong to a local reef club this is perfect for you. The shipping rate dropps off the table for a local truck carrier.
Obviously shipping is going to be a factor for those in the northwest and California shipping is not bad.
Even though the shipping rate seems high compare with the cost of Carabsea
25# bags
usually
cost you $24.99.
You can ship to LosAngeles for $12 that's a total of $23.99 for 50# .twice as much sand!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FREE Counters and Services from Andale

Shipping and payment details
Shipping and handling:
(first item) See description above or contact the seller for more information
Buyer pays for all shipping costs
Will ship to United States only.
Seller's payment instructions:
Shipping sand is heavy, but in this case worth it!!! 50# is like $12 to California and surrounding States, But it is twice as much sand as Caribsea and half the price. This aroganite is in Boise Idaho. Thank You for looking. Visit my other items at www.idahosaltwateremporium.com

Payment methods accepted

Visa/MasterCard, Discover
Learn about payment methods.

Ready to buy?

Aroganite Southdown 50# Saltwater Sand
price: US $11.99
Quantity: x

Purchase this item now without bidding.
Learn about Buy It Now.

What else can you do?
Back to list of items | Ask seller a question | Email this item to a friend | Top of page

Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item.
Start Time: Oct-28-03 06:02:03 PST
End Time: Nov-02-03 06:02:03 PST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Announcements | Register | Safe Trading Tips | Policies | Feedback Forum | About eBay

Copyright © 1995-2003 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy.