PDA

View Full Version : Need a Skimmer for the 29G

minfinger
09/28/2003, 06:21 PM
Ok, I'd rather not buy one, but if I have to I will....Unless someone knows of one for 43G under $50?

Otherwise, I need to make one...and I need some help...How big, out of what, and mostly how?

I've seen them out of PVC, Acrylic pipe ($$$), and other things...Help me out :D

skipm
09/28/2003, 08:02 PM
Take a look at this, it looks pretty easy to build and I have been thinking about either trying to build one or modifying one to work on this principle. Here is the link to the thread: http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=241113.
LMK what you think, Skip

minfinger
09/28/2003, 09:03 PM
Thanks Skip. Would that be to big on my 40Gs? I wonder...I was planning on putting it inside the Sump, but this one might be to tall.

Troy182
09/28/2003, 09:04 PM
If you need the collection cup off of an old sea clone skimmer I have one you could have.

I also have a brand new Kent nautalis TE If I could ever quit giving skip crap and get off my butt and make a new sump for my 75.

skipm
09/29/2003, 07:22 PM
Mike,
I have been thinking about the skimmer I sent you the link for and I think that you could build a slightly scaled down version w/o to much trouble. Another option would be to buy a SeaLife Systems 75, this is either the brand that Tideline stocks or at least the same design. If you decided to just but one it should run about $100, you could DIY it for just a bit more than the cost of the tubing (around $30). Of course there is the time consideration as well. Of course the third option would be to keep your eyes peeled in EBay and the selling boards. I am still thinking, Skip
PS Another option would be an air driven skimmer, there are several models available that are not very expensive or you could make one out of PVC but it wouldn't look all that great but would work.