PDA

View Full Version : I got a new fish! What's your fav?

minh_han
09/26/2003, 05:31 PM
After several months of waiting, I finally broke down and got a new fish. I've been wanting an algae blenny for quite a while, not only b/c I have a fair amount of algae that needs trimming, but I understand that algae blennies have a good personality.

I had every intention of getting one from justphish, but I found one at a local LFS for 25% less. That, coupled with the fact that I would have to drive to Waterbury, made me go ahead and get it. Sorry JP. I plan on getting some corals from you instead.

The algae blenny is still quite skittish, but it does have a great personality. Mike says it moves around and acts like a little dog, which I agree.

So, I was wondering, what is YOUR favorite fish in your tank?

nakama
09/26/2003, 08:42 PM
Hmmm, It would be either the flame hawk or the majestic. My lawnmower has a cute personality but is a little compromised in the looks dept.
Happy belated birthday wishes Minh
:mixed: :mixed: :mixed:

pncstod
09/26/2003, 09:55 PM
I like all the fish in our tank, but if i had to choose one it would be our Regal Angel. Here is a picture of her: Our Lawnmower Blenny has a ton of personality too.

http://home.comcast.net/~colleen.stoddard/nregal.JPG

Dazed1
09/26/2003, 11:33 PM
Recently got a 46G bow and along with it got a Clown goby. Not had it too long yet, (about 36hrs), but its a great fish. Just like the flame hawk I saw at Neil's place, sits and pirch's on branched coral's. right now its loving the candy cane, and if anyone comes close, it just dives in the coral. very fun to watch and lots of personality. :)

ez1ez
09/27/2003, 08:01 AM
Mine is a Lucisi or Luceasi Tang He is gray with blue... beautiful and has a personality... When I go by my tank he comes to me and I feed him by hand.

ez1ez
09/27/2003, 04:35 PM
I have to correct myself, it is a Lopezi Tang..

pncstod
09/27/2003, 05:35 PM
Sam, you got a picture of that tang? I have never seen one......

ez1ez
09/27/2003, 06:08 PM
I dont have a digital camera. I'll take one with my 35mm and hope it comes out. Phil at marine aquarium in Shelton has a big one in his tank.

Nek
09/28/2003, 12:56 PM
Does the place in Shelton have a good selection of fish???

ez1ez
09/28/2003, 05:18 PM
It is a small hit or miss type of store. I go there 1-2 times a week. I bought a metallic orange plate from him for $60.00, every one else sells them for 200. He has a real Black tang for 300.00 and an Achilles tang cheap. If your in the area check it out but dont drive hrs. for it. It's on rt.110 in shelton between Sykorski and downtown shelton.

minh_han
09/28/2003, 10:18 PM
Sam, when that metalic orange plate has babies, I want dibs! Oh, and come by some time, and I'll get you a tulip anemone that you wanted.

ladymagicka
10/02/2003, 04:51 PM
fishy funeral time TBA an unexpected demise :sad1: my fav in my tank...was a half pink/ half yellow pseudo???? (long skinny guy) no more... was hiding under rock a little too long so i checked on him ... maybe he was chased and swam into it.. anyhow. . pooor little guy.... or with my nitrates high for a couple weeks, maybe he couldn't handle the clean water...hmmmmm, but he looks scraped up.. not eaten I should take him out of the tank right (may sound silly, but i remember hearing something about a tank cycling leave them in.. but thats only if tank is brand new right?

minh_han
10/09/2003, 08:10 PM
I just got a mandarin goby, a fish I've been wanting since I started this tank. But, I wanted to make sure that the tank was mature enough to support the voracious appetite of a mandarin goby. So, now that the tank is in its ninth month, I finally decided that this was the time.

I found one at Wet Pets for $20, with a $10 coupon, which made it $11.21 after tax. Not a bad deal I think. They said they've had it for two weeks, and it's been eating flake and frozen mysis without a problem. But I think I have enough mysis, copepods, and amphipods in my tank.