PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Marine Discount

minfinger
09/25/2003, 08:41 PM
I also recieved this email a few days ago.

Mr. Infinger-

My name is Marc Daniels, and I am with West Coast Tropical Marine in Elk Grove, CA...that's just South of Sacramento. I would like to offer your club a discounted Reef Janitor Package consisting of some of today's most efficient reef janitors.
Nassarius snails @ only $0.65 each
Cerith snails @ only $0.85 each
Nerite snails @ only $0.94 each
Caulerpa prolifera @ only $11.00 per pound.
Right Hand Hermit Crabs @ only $0.70 each
The right hand hermit crabs are a fairly new item in the hobby. According to Dr. Ronald Shimek they offer the same benefits & risks as using scarlet hermits or blue leg hermits. We recommend Nassarius snails rather than hermits to our customers, but still offer the hermits to those customers that use them.

I can offer the Charleston Reefers this discounted deal, but I would need a total order of at least $200.00 to do so. Shipping would be by next day air, and this makes if very efficient from a cost perspective when spread across multiple members. I can have the order shipped to arrive at a single location the day of a club meeting, so that it can be dispersed during a club meeting. The shipment will already be divided by the individual orders so all you would need to do is hand them out. We offer a live arrival guarantee! I've attached a copy of our acclimation process and live arrival guarantee.

Regards,
Marc Daniels
http://stores.andale.com/wcoastmarine

ahill
09/26/2003, 05:37 AM
I could use about $20 in snails, if anyone is interested.

Troy182
09/26/2003, 07:49 AM
I wouldn't mind getting some snails either if we get enough interest.

10 cerith $ 8.50
10 Nerite $ 9.40
10 Nassarius $ 6.50

Total $24.40

minfinger
09/26/2003, 08:03 AM
I just got an email from the guy saying that since Floridapets offerred too that he was going to defer. I'm going to email him back and ask him a few things.

We've got to get the total order up to $200.

Troy182
09/26/2003, 09:30 AM
That stinks cause I liked his offer better. I really didn't think either of thir websites was great and him offering prices right in his email allowed me to be lazy. I guess I will just be lazy with no new snails.

dvmsn
09/26/2003, 10:20 AM
I use the mud snails that are found in local salt marshes. There are two major types you will find. There are white/tan shell periwinkles you find on the stalks of marsh grass. Although they are reef safe, they will ultimately climb out of your tank and die. The other type has a dark brown shell and is found in large congregations on the mud flats. They will bury themselves in your sand bed by the day. I don't think that they prey on sand bed micro fauna but it is possible that they do. They will come out at feeding time and try to pick up scrapes of food. They also come out at night and eat diatoms of the glass. They aren't particularly good herbivores, but they do consume plant matter. Of course the big draw back is that you don't want to add then directly to your tank as the amount of disease and parasites found in South Carolina's inlets is high compared to the reef. Once they have been quarantined they are completely reef safe. One caveat, I don't have any clams so I don't know if they would bother them. Another bonus, they are free.

minfinger
09/26/2003, 01:56 PM
Troy...You need an excuse to be lazy? j/k