PDA

View Full Version : Charleston Area LFSs

TimsReef
09/25/2003, 06:04 PM
Hello fellow Reefers! I'm going to be in Charleston for a few days starting next weekend and I always enjoy visiting LFSs on my trips. Can you tell me where to go and provide addresses? Thanks.

Tim

oceanarus
09/25/2003, 06:13 PM
Tideline Aquatics www.tidelineaquatics.net should have adresses and directions on the web site.

Age of Aquariums 1660 Sam Rittenberg Blvd. Charleston SC 29407

Those are listed in order of my personal preference, but they both have good stuff to offer.

There are a couple others but you would be wasting your time going to them.

Be sure to pick you up some nice tank raised clowns while you are here;)

j/k unless you have a good way to get them back home with you safely.

BTW I'm guessing you'll be at the AFB? Both stores are about equal distance from it. Have fun in Charleston.:)

Troy182
09/25/2003, 06:18 PM
oceanarus' list was a good one. I would listen to him.

skipm
09/25/2003, 06:40 PM
You may also want to check out the South Carolina Aquarium that is also located in Charleston. Skip
PS I also give Tideline a thumbs up, Age of Aquariums has good days and bad so its kinda hit or miss there.

oceanarus
09/25/2003, 06:42 PM
www.scaquarium.org

Troy182
09/25/2003, 06:50 PM
Hey if all the roads in alamo country are free I would also check out Palmetto Reefs (Ricordea.com) in Columbia if Darren says it's ok. You could pick some stuff out and have Darren ship it to you when you get home. And while your there there are two or three other stores you could see.

TimsReef
09/25/2003, 06:54 PM
Thanks guys. Yes, I'll be staying on CAFB. The last time I was there I visited the aquarium, but no LFSs. They had an exhibit at the time, I can't remember what the name of it was, but it had a seahorse picture on the artwork. Anyway, it was pretty nice.

Tim

skipm
09/25/2003, 07:32 PM
I think you are talking about the UFO exhibit (underwater floating objects if I recall correctly). Its to bad that you won't be in town during one of our meetings, they are pretty informal but informative. Have a safe trip. Skip

minfinger
09/25/2003, 08:36 PM
Glad to hear you're coming down...I also highly recommend Tideline Aquatics...Age is nice too...And get in Touch with Darren, it's only 1 to 1.5 hr drive to Columbia, well to his house and it's well worth the trip.