PDA

View Full Version : CMAS (Chicago) Oct 18th meeting - Sanjay Joshi/Ferdinand Cruz Double Bill

mkirda
09/22/2003, 01:31 PM
Greetings, all.

I just received word from Ferdinand: He has accepted our CMAS's invitation to speak at our October 18th meeting.

For those of you who do not know, Ferdinand Cruz is a field trainer in the Philippines. Formerly with the Marine Aquarium Council, he has been working with local governments on formally opening up marine ornamental fish collection areas and conducting net trainings. Ferdinand is on the front lines in the reform movement in the Philippines and has firsthand knowledge of the industry and the cyanide trade.

Topic to be announced shortly.

This will be a double bill, with Sanjay Joshi speaking about lighting on the same day.

I'm quite excited about this program.
Two of my favorite topics in the same meeting! :)

More as soon as things get finalized...

Regards.
Mike Kirda

mkirda
09/26/2003, 04:03 PM
Metal halide Lighting: Recent Results on Lamps and Reflectors

Sanjay Joshi is currently professor of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering at Penn State University. He has been a reef addict since 1992, and currently keeps 3 reefs at home 55G, 60G and a 180G SPS dominated reef. In addition he co-manages the 500G aquarium at Penn State. He has published several articles in magazines such as Marine Fish and Reef Annual, and Aquarium Frontiers, Aquarium Fish Monthly, and been an invited speaker at several marine aquarium society meetings.

mkirda
10/07/2003, 10:30 PM
Talk title:

"Legitimizing ornamental fish collection in the Philippines:
Aiming towards a Community-based approach"

shaw
10/11/2003, 01:28 PM
sounds interesting, Is the public invited?
thanks

mkirda
10/11/2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by shaw
sounds interesting, Is the public invited?
thanks

Yes, and encouraged.

Regards.
Mike Kirda

GreshamH
10/14/2003, 08:22 PM
Will it be taped and available on such format?

mkirda
10/14/2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by GreshamH
Will it be taped and available on such format?

Gresham,

Typically, we don't do this.
However, I'll see what I can do.
I make no promises...

Regards.
Mike Kirda

GreshamH
10/14/2003, 09:30 PM
Much appreciated Mike, hopefully it can hapen.

mkirda
10/15/2003, 09:38 PM
Talked to Ferdinand for a short while tonight...

He is over his jet-lag and sounded very energized. He is excited about having the opportunity to speak to us, and is really looking forward to the visit.

I really hope we can pack the room in Schaumburg.

Regards.
Mike Kirda