PDA

View Full Version : lend a hand at the swap?

szwab
09/21/2003, 10:15 PM
anyone interested in giving me some help at the swap?
Since there a couple of vendors coming in I could really use some help prior to the actual swap and afterwards for cleanup. I'd like to have a table with some info on CORA available for those interested. It would also be nice to have some current members availabe to help people out. Any takers?

Phishy
09/23/2003, 11:16 AM
This is a great idea. I am bringing two friends to help set up. We will be happy to stay later and help clean up. I am sure that there are some more locals that would not mind helping also. Come on people, CORA has put a lot of effort into this swap, so let’s give a little back! Any volunteers? Support your local club!

On another note, if we want to continue to have these events we need more local involvement. One idea that we should discuss at Saturday’s swap is setting up a more organized membership with board members to keep our clubs activities and information in order. More activity on the CORA web site and monthly newsletters are needed. Once in awhile we could have a tank tour, where we visit CORA member’s homes to see their aquariums. It would be great to get a large active participating membership to eventually sponsor a large national show like MACNA or IMAC a few years down the road.

Is any one interested in doing something like this? Any ideas or comments on how move forward with this idea? Please help bring this topic up at the swap. If anyone would like to talk to Mark, George, or myself at the swap please do so. Lets all get active in CORA!

Thank you,
Serdar

TacoKing
09/23/2003, 11:47 AM
If you guys need help setting up earlier that morning I can help out. I've got plans later that afternoon, so I've got to be out of there no later than 4.

-Rob

cward
09/23/2003, 11:48 AM
I'll help.........Just send me an e-mail to let me know what time and where to meet.

cward@contractlumber.com

Chris

tye_c
09/23/2003, 02:22 PM
I can come early and help.

Tye

szwab
09/23/2003, 11:53 PM
thanks guys
if you don't mind coming around 10:30 - 11:00 I could use some help setting up tables. Also please make yourselves available to talk to people about CORA for those locals coming in if we can talk to them while they are at the swap we have a better chance of getting them to attend meetings and future events.

I should be ok for afterwards GEO and Zack said they'd help clean up. but that said the more the merrier.