PDA

View Full Version : New W3 site look

GarSrtn
09/21/2003, 05:52 AM
Zooqi and I came up with a new look for the web site. Let us know what you think. It's still under construction, so thoughts and comments are more than welcome.

zooqi
09/21/2003, 07:44 AM
for those who still don't know the address

http://ncpars.com

I fell a sleep watching another boring movie last night and did not get a chance to update Bytor's page.

nixnutz
09/21/2003, 11:30 PM
Hey guys,

Looks great so far! Keep up the good work.

Rahn

Tagamet
09/23/2003, 06:55 PM
The subject line says it all. Great work! Any chance of there being space for some member's coral pics?
Tagamet
PS I sent the info to become a member.

GarSrtn
09/23/2003, 07:01 PM
Yes, we have space for members' pics. Zooqi would know what the storage limits are.

Tagamet
09/23/2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by GarSrtn
Yes, we have space for members' pics. Zooqi would know what the storage limits are.

Thanks! That'll be really sweet. I'm REALLY interested in seeing everyones critters/tanks!
Tagamet
PS: (Psssst) Pittsburgh isn't in central PA is it? (heehee)

zooqi
09/23/2003, 09:56 PM
we have space for members tanks and if we need more then we can get more space. The webhosting sponsor paid money and we still have some more of that money to pay for more storage. You don't have to be in Central PA to be a member. There are reefers from NY, NJ, MD, OH who will be with us as well. It is a good point Tag and we should have something like that in the website that no matter where you are from, you can be a member and the only thing is that our meetings will be in this area.

All the credit for the web works goes to Garstn for his super work and updates and ideas.
:thumbsup:

Tagamet
09/23/2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by zooqi
we have space for members tanks and if we need more then we can get more space. The webhosting sponsor paid money and we still have some more of that money to pay for more storage. You don't have to be in Central PA to be a member. There are reefers from NY, NJ, MD, OH who will be with us as well. It is a good point Tag and we should have something like that in the website that no matter where you are from, you can be a member and the only thing is that our meetings will be in this area.
All the credit for the web works goes to Garstn for his super work and updates and ideas.
:thumbsup:

Geez, so you mean that we're going to include aliens???? (lol). Well, I GUESS that's tolerable, since they've let us attend their functions...(heehee). Besides, we country folk probably only have about 6 corals altogether. The city folk have access to many more corals AND I hear that some of their building even have escalators. You just don't get to ride escalators in central PA much....
It's obviously getting late, and I have to be up before dawn to plow the south 40. My ricordeas really aren't growing well, I think I must be planting them too deep.
Tagamet

zooqi
09/23/2003, 10:35 PM
I just finished the plumbing of the 120 today so it will be ready for the meeting which is in 20 days. The only reason that it took me that long is that I'm taking pictures of step by step of each thing. I took pictures of how to build the canopy. This tank will be just running for the meeting and will come apart and another tank will be on its place.

GarSrtn
09/26/2003, 07:35 AM
Does anyone have time to find interesting reef-related news on the web? TIA.

I thought it might be cool to have some kind of monthly feature. An article by a member (local news, diy projects, etc.), or a member's tank highlited. Any thoughts, canter, anecdotes? Anyone insterested in writing something?

I added a javascript menu to the pages. Let me know what y'all think of it. If you experience problems, hit the refresh button on your browser. If you still experience problems, let me know.

zooqi
09/26/2003, 09:38 AM
I'm working on a couple of DIY projects and will post them after I'm done with them. I thought I will carry the camera with me for any project and try to take as many pictures as I can. It will be nice if we get a couple extra DIY projects in the site and I'm sure there are members who had DIY projects in the past. I know Thomor25 had that glass drilling step by step.

Thomor25: can we please use your pictures to make a site of that?