PDA

View Full Version : State Wide Coral/Fish Swap

FragGuy
09/19/2003, 02:59 PM
I would like to announce and invite everyone to FMAS State Wide Coral/Fish Swap on Saturday October 18th from 11:00AM - 2:00PM at IGFA (Across from Ft. Lauderdale Airport and next to BASS ProShops)
300 Gulf Stream Way Dania, Florida

So get your frags glued and ready for the event.

Anyone interested in bringing their stuff to the event can email the registration to me at: restenoz@willowcsn.com

I have attached the registration and rules in a doc file.

missy1101
09/19/2003, 04:32 PM
I'm so there!!! :D

gpajon
09/19/2003, 07:29 PM
Count me in.
:frog:

Gon

Cheshire00
09/24/2003, 05:53 PM
Dont forget about me... i will be there with the GF a friend and some nice zoos for everyone :bum:

scubadude
09/25/2003, 08:33 AM
Im there....And I think Chuck (mako) is planning on going.

JT1023
09/28/2003, 08:10 AM
Can you still come if you do not have frags to trade? and will people be selling frags or just trading them?

Bocaswim
10/02/2003, 02:24 PM
Hi Folks,

Just getting back into the hobby, no frags to trade but willing to buy, can I still come?

Gayle

scubadude
10/03/2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by JT1023
Can you still come if you do not have frags to trade? and will people be selling frags or just trading them?

Of course you can! You just have to be a member or pay $5 to get in....I think its 5 bux, its well worth the $ IMO.

FragGuy
10/06/2003, 10:59 AM
That's correct Dude. Everyone is invited in, frags or no frags.
You can buy if you don't have anything to trade.

Juan-Carlos
10/08/2003, 05:15 PM
Double post sorry.

Juan-Carlos
10/08/2003, 05:26 PM
Hey, I at the moment dont have really any frags to trade since I had to take all my large tanks down and only have a 16g reef now. I do however have many herps, I have some Beautiful Captive bred baby leopard geckos (Eublepharis macularius) I have 3 high yellow babies, 2 Tremper albinos 3 months old, I also have a couple juviniles and some adults and sub-adults. I dont know if many of you are into reptiles, so thats why I post this here now. I will only take them if someone is interested. So let me know! For those of you who dont know the price range for these guys its normally: high yellow babies $20-$35, Tremper albinos go for about $50-$75, sub adults and adults yellows go for about $50-$60 and albinos sub adults for about $80-$100 ... I'm more interested in trading for frags or something, But if your interested in purchasing and if its ok with the board of directors for the event then I can sell them for:
Baby high yellow $14.00 , The albinos 3 months old for $35.00
Sub-adult high yellows for $35.00 and sub-adult albinos for $50.00.

If anyone has any questions on their care please let me know. They are one of the easyest of the reptile species to keep, they dont bite, they are handable and do not climb up glass. they come from eastern Iran, through south eastern Afghanistan, Pakistan, and into north western India.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/4295Tremper.JPG

Tremper Albinosub-adult ^

http://www.geocities.com/jcreef7/leopardgeckos

There you can see pictures of High yellow, Albinos etc.

Thank you,

-Juan-Carlos

FragGuy
10/09/2003, 09:23 AM
Juan-Carlos,

That's a cute critter and I'm not into herps, but this event is only for marine organisms typically found in home aquaria.

You are still welcome to join us and if you are interested in some of the marine organisms at the event you can discuss with the person your Geckos to see if they are interested. You can bring pictures if you like so that you can show the person what they look like.

Sorry,

Hope you can still join us.

Rafael

Juan-Carlos
10/09/2003, 09:36 AM
Oh its ok thats cool, Yeah I'll probably go. Might even get motivated to frag a peice off my pink blast. or zoanthids or something.

-Jc

saltylake
10/12/2003, 08:32 PM
Hello everyone,
i am new to this board.
i would really like to get involved in this frag meeting.
I live in miami and would love to know how far is Dania rom miami.
i have to trade:
green yuma
xenia
off pink zoos
green zoos
mix zoos
peach finger leather frags
Ultra bright green star polyps
red shrooms
green mellon shrooms
clove polyps
if any of these corals interest the group please tell me to bring them.
I want to know if anyone is bringing rare colorful Zoos and Ricordia????????
thank you and I hope to trade with everyone if possible.

saltylake
10/12/2003, 08:39 PM
Frag Guy why don't you place this is in the Trade forum. Many people don't check this area of the site.
Also you could post it on other sites that deal with the reef hobby.
thank you and count me and please get back to me on what I cna do o join this organization.
Vicente lago

missy1101
10/12/2003, 08:40 PM
Hi Saltylake,

Depending on where you are in Miami, the IGFA Fishing Hall of Fame should not be very far for you. Just take 95 North to Griffen Rd. and you are going to turn left on Angler's Ave. follow the road around to the Hall of fame on your left.

Sounds like you have lots of goodies to bring. Just remember that you need to submit the form to Rafael.

Not sure what everyone is bringing but I know after seeing several members tanks there will be lots to choose from.

If you are interested in becoming a member you will have that option at the meet.

Hope to see you there.

missy
:D

saltylake
10/12/2003, 11:32 PM
Thank you missy,
I am interested in finding out if alot of people trade or sell more often?
i like to trade and really look for cool colorful zoos and rics to trade.
thank you
also i need to send the forum by when?

FragGuy
10/13/2003, 09:01 AM
SaltyLake,

This is the web page on the club's site that has information on the event. Look at the right side of the page about half way down. At the bottom in the middle is the address to IGFA. It's right across Ft. Lauderdale airport and next to Bass Pro Shops to give you some landmarks.

Download the form on the site, fill it out and email it to me.

http://www.fmas1955.org/Pages/whatshapp.html

As far as what people are looking for, the range of interest in the club goes from fish to sps reefs and everything in between. Also there should be lots of new faces at the event as well.

Hope to see you there.

Rafael

victorgar
10/15/2003, 10:09 PM
How many members will be trading or selling sps frags? Whats the average price? I'm new with sps corals.

victorgar
10/15/2003, 10:13 PM
Anyone from Miami that will like to sell some sps frags?

Juan-Carlos
10/18/2003, 01:54 AM
Well, almost time and I cant wait. Quick question rafael do you have to reply back after I sent you the form for the frags i'm taking?? hope not, cause I got no reply.

Anyhow see you all tommorow! well actually today;)

missy1101
10/18/2003, 04:36 PM
Well the first annual FMAS Swap and sale was a success.
I had a great time. It was nice meeting all the new people and I will be looking forward to seeing you all at the meetings. Thank you to Rafael, Herman, and Kara for getting this together, and thanks to everyone who participated. Cant wait till we do it again.

Juan-Carlos
10/18/2003, 05:08 PM
Had a great time, Great event, Great people, and great frags, cant wait till next year!

Treeman
10/19/2003, 06:55 AM
YES! It was a great time. We should do the frags trade/swap every six months or so. I couldn't believe how fast most things were selling. Thank you to everybody that helped set this up.

Matt

gpajon
10/19/2003, 10:23 PM
It was nice to see folks I have not seen in a while as well as meet new ones.

Thanks guys.

FragGuy
10/20/2003, 08:51 AM
The frag swap was a great success. We had a great turnout and lots of new members signed up.

Thanks to the Orlando club members that joined us and other club members that I did not get a chance to meet.

Thanks to the volunteers. You did a great job helping us with the setup and putting this event together.

Let’s make the next one even bigger.

Rafael