PDA

View Full Version : Glass Drillers

Fliger
09/19/2003, 10:56 AM
Anyone around here have a specialized drill press & bit for drilling glass? I need 2x 1.25" holes drilled in the 1/2" euro bracing on my tank. I was told that what is needed is a small, mobile drill press on a tripod, that can be set above the tank.

Or know of any stores that can do this? I'll pay, but I'd rather only have someone with experience.

Please LMK via PM, thanks.

David

MPETERS
09/19/2003, 01:57 PM
Dave,

Did you talk to Mitch?? I think he told me that the Euro Bracing is Tempared. If so it can't be dirlled.

Fliger
09/19/2003, 04:00 PM
Mike! I got your email yesterday, sorry I haven't gotten back, busy. Sounds like you are too.

I did, I called him earlier in the week and he said it would drill no problem. It's actually starphire also. My IA cube has holes drilled into the bracing. He did offer to replace two parts of the euro-bracing with the holes built to spec - he said it would be some work, but not too difficult to cut out one part of the bracing & replace it - just takes a lot of silicone. If the driller (thanks Norm) breaks it, I'll be going that route. ;~) But I'd rather not deal with that if I don't have to.

MPETERS
09/19/2003, 04:12 PM
Great,

Good luck.

Mike

chetm2
09/19/2003, 06:18 PM
I looked around and Gilbert Glass does drilling, not sure if they do mobile jobs or not. I guess home depot sells a holder like your talking about for a hand held drill to keep it from wandering. I tried to find a diamond drill bit in town but nobody I found carried the "cheap" ones ($35-$50). Good Luck.