PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic Experts?

CatDog
09/15/2003, 01:27 PM
Anybody here ever work with acrylic? I would like to replace my dual sump and refugium with a nice clean, lightweight acrylic sump/fuge combo.

Not being a master carpenter, or even basic carpenter, I'm just looking for some guidance on building one of these on my own. I've got some threads on it, but it seems like dealing with someone who's done it firsthand may be a better option.

Thanks,
CatDog

rsman
09/16/2003, 03:11 PM
probibly a better post for the DIY forum only reason I saw it is its in the unanswered threads search thingie. lots of ppl hang there and work with acrylic often, some even sell stuff on the side.

CatDog
09/16/2003, 04:17 PM
Thanks RSman, good idea (I didn't even know that there was a unanswered search function!)

I was just trying to find someone local to work with one-on-one, some of the advice doesn't translate well through message boards.

Thanks again,

kevlouie
09/17/2003, 08:11 AM
I have been thinking of doing some acrylic work, but I am going to leave well enough alone for a while. My projects in the sump area have a tendency to get expensive. My "sump" right now consists of a sawed-in-half poly drum. :rolleyes: