PDA

View Full Version : Nuclear and Pharmaceutical resin arrived

mx_tang
09/14/2003, 09:20 PM
I just packaged up some pharmaceutical and nuclear grade resin this weekend, so if anyone would like to try these, then let me know. I also have the industrial type as well (what Resin Depot sells as MB-1) with extra DI canisters and refillable cartridges if you'd like to add additional stages to your post RO/DI unit.

chetm2
09/16/2003, 04:31 PM
I have a 5 stge ro system frm home depot, can the DI be added to it? if so how much are you asking.

mx_tang
09/16/2003, 08:29 PM
You can use a residential RO unit for your aquarium. The only drawbacks is that most of these types of RO units have low daily product water output (<24gpd) and the rejection rates may be lower than other RO membranes. This, in turn, will directly affect how much water each DI cartridge can produce before its useful life ends. If you wanted to add a DI stage on your unit, you'd simply tee off a line after the RO unit and use a ball valve to turn on/off the DI stage when making water.

There's a thread (http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=232502&highlight=nuclear) about the different types of DI available if you're interested.

chetm2
09/16/2003, 09:41 PM
do you have any of the clear housings w/bracket and speedfittings for $25 shipped available and does that include the cartridge?