PDA

View Full Version : All Who've Been Banned:)

NewMariner
09/14/2003, 02:01 PM
Well Everyone that has been banned from posting on the DFWMAS.COM board......we might as well speak our minds in peace here.........

Anyone want to start a New Club in the North Dallas area? If its on weekend, where I can JOIN then Id be more then happy to..............

John M.
09/14/2003, 02:22 PM
absolutely NewMariner, I live in the HEB area, but I'm sick of Wednesday meetings that I can never attend. I'd personaly like to see a club that offers meeting on the weekends, and where we can have a beer or a glass of wine and socialize about tanks. I'm pretty tired of the DFWMAS attitude, of "protect sponsors at all costs", no matter what they have done. And "We are never wrong mentality". I agreed completely with Catfishd post earlier and I think I'm done with the club.

NewMariner
09/14/2003, 02:31 PM
Well seeing as I cant post due to Me not being a member.........Im done with the club as well.

Its time for a change. Out of Chaos change happens for the better.

I think a weekend club would do wonders....Hopefully more people will post to this so we can start setting this puppy up.

Thanks to dfwmas, Im on fire now........Im ready to start a new club...in the beginning, that wasnt the point of the posts, only to change the date the meetings were held. I have no problem traveling to Ft. Worth....IF I have time to do so...which I dont on a weeknight.. Why pay for something you cant go to?

Dallas_Joser
09/14/2003, 02:42 PM
I didn't get it. I tried to help everyone in the DIY forums and going to people's homes yet I was shunned for not paying $15. I never made a mention of race in the Plano post or the get together post yet I got called a cry baby. I guess since Saltwater Paradise hosted the last meeting and being a sponsor probably hooked up some people with good deals who were in the BOD of DFWMAS. I don't know I wanted to join but not before going to a meeting first. Marc even said he thought I would never join and I had been nothing but nice to him. Banning nonmembers from posting is just wrong and I see a downward spiral coming for that club. I would like to get together for a litle get-togher in the North Dallas area let me know when.

Qoute from Marc:
I would imagine that paying the $15 annual dues to the club would make you feel like you are part of the family, but for whatever reasons you hadn't up until now, and I don't believe you will ever want to.

I will never pay to be a part of a family, no-one should.

NewMariner
09/14/2003, 02:46 PM
I whole heartedly agree..............

I think Mitch had something planned for a meeting place......and I hope that we can get something going soon.

I get banned from posting all because I complained about the meeting being on wednesdays....why cant we have it on Saturdays or Sundays? I read post after post that wanted it on the weekend?? Oh but thats not what the BOD wants...Oh well....

I wander if we could talk to Don at Aquarium Mart and see if we could set up a meeting there or something..........That way we could help him out too and maybe get a good LFS here.......

Catfishd
09/14/2003, 02:48 PM
I dont think we are banned LOL. We just cannot make comments on the boards unless we are a paying for our words. LOL non profit organization is making you pay to speak on a forum. Go visit other forums around the country and see how many make you pay dues to be on the forum. We can attend meetings as well if we want to drive to Ft Worth. When infact 2 meetings should have been done a month. One in each city as one club.

We can still meet with locals just need to get the word out. I will be glad to attend if someone gets something set up. Besides I believe alot more DFW people frequent this forum for advise here anyhow. DFWMAS could be great if it was majority rule and not BOD rule. Moderators are fine but decisions on the club should be made by the real BOD and not a small group of friends looking out for there best interest. Anyhow let me know about meeting or a new Club. LOL one that lets you have an opinion like RC.

NewMariner
09/14/2003, 02:51 PM
I dont think we are banned LOL. We just cannot make comments on the boards unless we are a paying for our words. LOL non profit organization is making you pay to speak on a forum. Go visit other forums around the country and see how many make you pay dues to be on the forum. We can attend meetings as well if we want to drive to Ft Worth. When infact 2 meetings should have been done a month. One in each city as one club.

Your right, I checked...they changed all of our member status to guests status......and restricted our posting rights.........Sorry for the confusion......might as well be banned though:)

Dallas_Joser
09/14/2003, 02:56 PM
First we need to see how many people are interested. I would prefer a simple club maybe not even a "MAS". Just a place to meet like on Saturdays or something, to talk reef/fish and hang out. I think we should throw most of our support at local shop where we could meet at. DFWMAS is being run like a business and therefore needs to make money (raffles, exc). I welcome all ideas and will not ban non-members since were all nonmembers.:D

NewMariner
09/14/2003, 03:00 PM
:D Good Idea.......I think Mitch said something about some little ity bity shop that Ive never heard of or been to....SP Aquariums in Garland I think? Hopefully he will tune in. As long as its on a weekend you can count me in for regular attendance............

Dallas_Joser
09/14/2003, 03:08 PM
Keep me posted guys. I'll be around.

SALTWATER PARADISE
09/14/2003, 03:45 PM
I have not had a meeting since May, also I have never tried to censor anyones perceptions of me as a person. I am sorry once again if I have offended anyone. But I can tell you that dfwmas is not doing anything on my behalf nor have I asked them to. I just think everyone should try to be more positive this is a small hobby and we should all support each other. If you do not like me, please dont base any decisions on dfwmas based on me. My sponsership was to help the members, not to post things about sales or anything else about my store.
scott
p.s. John M., I would really like to talk to you sometime, thank you

Catfishd
09/14/2003, 04:39 PM
Scott I dont think anyone here feels your the reason we dont want to be in DFWMAS anymore. I dont have a problem with you and you know how I am I will tell you if I have a problem. I have no problem telling it how I see it.

As far as the reason I am not joining I strongly dont think I should pay anything to be apart of a club that I cannot make meetings to reep the rewards of being a member. If all I can do is post on the forum I would just rather do it here. Instead of haveing to pay to give advise or sell some frags or give an opinion. It is no big deal to me. There is no need for another club I tried to be apart of the solution and had an idea to have 2 meetings one in Dallas and one in Ftworth. ONe club 2 meeting spots. It is said that the majority likes the meetings in FT Worth and can refer to a post stating this because this is where most of the involved members in the club reside. This in fact was stated by a moderator as well. I may be wrong but I think it was. Honestly I do not have to be a part of a club to enjoy my tanks. My tanks are the bomb IMO. If I need advise I go to RC or to John or Shawn and DNA. I have even asked you on some things. Its all childish on both sides really. But I am content with just meeting with a few locals and sharing ideas and frags. I do not need a club for this.

Anyhow Scott dont forget to check into those colonies I PMed you about earlier and to check on the warranty thing and get back to me. Need to come by and get a quote from you for those cabinets next to the tank we talked about since I cannot get ahold of your stand and canopy guy.

Gremraf
09/14/2003, 09:54 PM
You boys need to get a life.

First, you need to be a member of something before you can quit being a member.

Second, if you want to start a club do it on someone elses dime.

Third, Danny as far as you being helpful to others etc, why have you not replied to any of my messages?

Fourth, DallasJose I too think you need to quit crying and get on with your life. From most of your posts at DFWMAS it seems to me you were there to make money.

Fifth, maybe most people have not posted on what night they want to meet as, they are fine with Wednesday night.

Sixth, Yes I live in North Richland Hills, and make more meetings in Fort Worth than Dallas, But that has to do with work schedule more than location. I come to Dallas all the time, and would gladly come to a meeting at your house in Plano or whatever, but you people never seem to volunteer to host a meeting.

Seventh, The type of place it sounds like your looking for to meet is called a Bar, so go find one, have a few drinks, and chillout.

Later, and thanks for all the laughs.

Glenn Farmer

NewMariner
09/14/2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Gremraf
You boys need to get a life.

First, you need to be a member of something before you can quit being a member.

Second, if you want to start a club do it on someone elses dime.

Third, Danny as far as you being helpful to others etc, why have you not replied to any of my messages?

Fourth, DallasJose I too think you need to quit crying and get on with your life. From most of your posts at DFWMAS it seems to me you were there to make money.

Fifth, maybe most people have not posted on what night they want to meet as, they are fine with Wednesday night.

Sixth, Yes I live in North Richland Hills, and make more meetings in Fort Worth than Dallas, But that has to do with work schedule more than location. I come to Dallas all the time, and would gladly come to a meeting at your house in Plano or whatever, but you people never seem to volunteer to host a meeting.

Seventh, The type of place it sounds like your looking for to meet is called a Bar, so go find one, have a few drinks, and chillout.

Later, and thanks for all the laughs.

Glenn Farmer

First, I was never given a chance to be a member due to the meetings being on a Wednesday.

Second, Im working on it.....

Third, With your tone I wonder why you havent gotten a response.

Fourth, he wasn't crying, only stating an opinion just like you. The only difference is is that he hasnt paid his 15 bucks like you did.

Fifth, Ive seen more people post that they have a problem with Wednesday night then anyone posting that they like it on a wednesday night. Maybe they should speak up more.

Sixth, I dont think the majority of the complaining was about the location. Yea maybe one or two people complained, but the majority of it was about the day of the week and how it wasnt very convienient for them to get off of work and drive an 1 hour one way and back on a weeknight.

Seventh, I dont need to go to a bar. I have more fun at home. Maybe you need to go to a bar have a few drinks and chill out. Maybe you shouldnt be afraid of some people rocking the boat every now and then. These people are the ones that challenge order to bring about better ideas..............

John M.
09/14/2003, 10:26 PM
Glenn,
Give me a break. Firstly, I am a member. However, because of a few others such as yourself, who have seemed to suck all the enjoyment out of being a member, I won't be anymore. I don't mind paying dues. I don't mind driving far to meetings. What I do mind is someone telling me what I can and cannot say about a local lfs that has honestly wronged me. I mind that I cannot even mention possibly holding the meetings on a Saturday without someone reading me the riot act. Maybe you don't work that hard. Maybe you are retired. But I work for a living, and 12 to 14 hr days are the rule not the exception. It's a little difficult to make a weekday meeting when you work until 7 or 8 pm in Dallas. So, if I seem mad, it's because I am. Also, just because someone enjoys having a beer with a few reef buddies, doesn't mean they need "to go to bar". I have a beer with my father everytime we watch a game. C'mon. I like beer, and I'm not afraid to say it. Lastly, I live in Hurst. You wanna talk to me face to face. I'll be more than happy to oblige. Thank you, I almost forgot this afternoon what I was so mad about. You just reminded me.

Catfishd
09/14/2003, 10:44 PM
Glenn did not know you emailed me. Checked my email and no message. Have not checked PM on DFWMAS tried earlier but I no long have access. Seems out of all the people who have not paid only about 5 of us lost posting rights.

I stated why I would not want to host a meeting. I like alot of you guys. I am just not a trusting person. I do not care to have strangers in my house. Those that do that is there business not mine.

I would not mind traveling to Ft Worth if it was more on a rotating basis between cities and it was on Weekends. I am not going to pay dues to only beable to state an opinion. I can do that on RC for free. If I was able to attend meetings then yes I would not mind paying the dues. As a matter of fact I paid my dues lastnight before all of this broke out. I merely suggested holding 2 meeting places for those who could not make the Ft Worth meetings and vise versa. This way all get to attend and be with fellow reefers.

As far as meeting at a bar. No sir I do not drink. I have not attacked you or labeled you or insinuated anything about you and ask for the same respect.

I am a very strong opinionated person and dont mind saying what is on my mind. I stick with facts. But here is a quote from a member of DFWMAS
"A member less than 1 month w/no meetings under belt, people that have no more than a ten gallon tank and yet a full blown 1000gallon *****y mouth, on a dime store buget."

That to me is belittling fellow members of the club. Who cares what size tank they have on whatever budget it has. But it was aloud. But stating we wanted to meet with fellow LOCAL reefers was not permitted. I stated if the BOD would not allow these meetings and did not want to consider having 2 meetings for both cities then another club was needed and I would support it. Take it how you want.

So if I am labeled a loud mouth or trouble maker for sticking up for myself and fellow reefers to a member that makes attacks on members I want no part of it.

If I have ever had a problem with a sponsor (SP) I contacted them privately. Only after failed attempts to get back with me I posted my experience. When I did not agree with Marc shutting down a post I made. I contacted Marc privately. I am not perfect and I am not a model citizen but I do have compasion and strive to be the best I can be. Noone can or will take my pride away.

And I even sent private messages to bod members before I made any such post on here asking questions with no response.

Dallas_Joser
09/14/2003, 10:58 PM
I'll tell you like I told the other person who accused me of crying. Show me the proof..... and the other person found none either.

Here is me trying to make money in DFWMAS

DIY

Back up power:

I also have relays exc on mine to go on automatically, but since I'm an Electronics Engineering student I didn't want to overwhelm people with a complex design. I am willing to help if you undertake this project and need help though.

Alternative moonlight:

These run off of 12vdc I think, so you can pick up a cheap voltage converter at radio shack and power these. I'll help if you need info on how to wire it.

Refrigerator chiller, Alternative to expensive chiller:

If you need help send me a pm or post here.
Is anyone brave enough to try the diy chiller Marc posted? I'd be glad to help.

Flood cutoff switch/float switch:

Marc:
No Jose, you are offering information just like I do all the time, not for profit. Thus it is not a violation of the rules.

Inexpensive metal highlights setup:

If you need help setting it up I'll be glad to help.

Where do you refill your co2 bottles?:

I went to Garland welding supply to buy my co2 bottle. I purchased 1 used Aluminum co2 bottle 20 lbs it cost me $100 it came filled free. I then asked what I needed to control the relases of co2 they then sold me a high pressure regulator for $70. I then asked about refills they said just drop it off and exchange for a full one.

Marc on Melev's Reef:
DallasJose (Reef Central) helped me figure out how to make it work, and this is what I built.
Bottom of page:
Order one today for $48, plus shipping and handling.

There are some of my post offering to HELP others in the club.

list some of your your help posts please. I would also like to see my money making posts.

Farmer, Glenn
PS. Some good advise don't attack people and then have your address for public display you never know.

Anemone
09/15/2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Dallas_Joser
Farmer, Glenn
PS. Some good advise don't attack people and then have your address for public display you never know.

Okay, threats of any kind are inappropriate on RC and are a quick ticket to being banned from here, if that is your desire....

Second, this is the DFWMAS forum on RC. Questioning the club's meeting times/places is fine, using the forum to organize a competing club is really out of place.

Unless an officer of the club requests that this thread be reopened, it will now be closed.

Kevin