PDA

View Full Version : meeting

marinefish
09/13/2003, 05:43 PM
:( Hi, I just wanted to know how last night's meeting was since I had fallin and was in the hospital and couldn't get there, Bernie

JohnL
09/14/2003, 05:37 PM
Sorry to hear about that, Bernie. I missed the meeting. I hope you are ok.

bori
09/15/2003, 02:03 AM
You mean they had the first meeting of the season already? Was there a mailing to announce it? or did mine get lost in the mail? When's the next sw meeting? --Rob--

JToddyBAS
09/15/2003, 10:21 AM
As for the mailing it went out... The Bulletin was sent a week or so before the meeting. The Aquatica was sent out later on the 12th...The day of the meeting, but there is nothing in the Aquatica that is time sensitive.
The next meeting takes place at SAINT BRENDAN'S CHURCH EAST 12THE STREET & AVENUE O. It will be the BAS'S 17th annual Giant fish Auction. No speaker just tons of aquarium related items for auctuion...Fish , plants dry good tanks a 55 gallon tank and stand donated by Petland Discounts. So, be ready to take it home... in the past the tank has gone for redculiously low prices...ask Bernie, he knows. If you want it...be prepared to take it home. Check the BAS web site for our calender of events... John

bori
09/15/2003, 11:24 AM
Hi John, thanks for the update. I never received a mailing or Aquatica, guess I'll call & find out what's what. Is the NY Aquarium Education Hall no longer available for meetings? --Rob--

marinefish
09/15/2003, 04:27 PM
Hi, The church will be used instead of the Golden Gate Motel which was more expensive. Bernie

JToddyBAS
09/15/2003, 06:18 PM
Bernie I hope you feel better... we all missed you Friday night. You have to be carfeful.
Some of us paid our respects to Al and his family on Sunday. Just thought you would like to know.
A basket was sent by Jackie.
John T.

Pseudo Boy
10/20/2003, 11:51 PM
What the hell is going on ?? I leave NYC for a few months and now Bernie is not on the Board and people pass away. Now the big auction is not at the motor inn. I still haven't received my Aquatica book from the BAS. Is there going to be any Reef stuff at the auction or what ?

Bernie,

I hope you feel better. You have to look out for yourself.

Kasei:confused:

Stix
10/21/2003, 05:46 PM
Hey Kasei, welcome back to NYC! I knew something was different at the BAS meeting LoL. Dude, shoot me a call when you get a chance, I've been wanting to call you and lost your number due to a lost phone but I have the same number so call me, I wanted to talk to you about something.
-Nick

jdepp
11/05/2003, 10:18 PM
hey all i live in staten island and would love to become a part of you're club! i'll check out the web site for bas i would like to go to meetings and hang out with fellow reefers. most people look at me like i'm crazy when i tell them that i spend my spare time looking into a fish tank? i don't get those people whats wrong with them? thanks!

JToddyBAS
11/06/2003, 09:34 AM
Hi, Just come to the next event which is on November 14th at the NY Aquarium Education Hall Starting at 7:30 and join the BAS. The membership is only $15 for a single member. Family memberships are $20. You not only get a membership but the publications, The BAS Bulletin 10 times a year and the Aquatica 5 time a year.
The meeting will feature David Boruchowitz the Editor of Tropical Fish Hobbyist. See ya there, John

jdepp
11/07/2003, 02:04 PM
thanks john! any way you could give me an address so i can find it on a map? i moved here from albany and am not too familiar with brooklyn. thanks again.

JToddyBAS
11/07/2003, 03:43 PM
The NY Aquarium is located in Brooklyn at Coney Island. at 8th street and Surf Avenue. If you have a car here are simple directions. Get on the Belt parkway and go to Ocean Parkway Exit (south 7S) Take Ocean parkway approx. 1/2 mile south, the NY Aquarium will be on your left on Surf Avenue. If you want to you can go to Map Quest and get foot by foot directions. Parking is free for our events. To find the aquarium just look for Coney Island on a map. Good Luck.

jdepp
11/07/2003, 05:01 PM
thanx i live just over the verrazano bridge mabey 1/2 hour no traffic haha. will be there, unless i get stuck at work. how long are the meetings?

marinefish
11/07/2003, 11:14 PM
Hi, the meetings last about 4 hours. The November meeting is on frest water, NOT SALT. The next saltwater meeting will be January. Take care, Bernie

jdepp
11/08/2003, 09:55 AM
thank you.