PDA

View Full Version : Some pet shops shouldn't be in the reef business either!

Gololf
09/13/2003, 09:27 AM
There is a local pet shop that thought it would be a good idea to get into the reef tank business, so they set up a wall of 1o gal tanks all tied to the same bio filter system down below in a refug that was at your knees and covered by a craked cover and allowed anyone to thro garbage into it. That's what happened...some kid threw some crap in there and every tank on the wall turned murky...kelling every fish and live rock they had in stock! What a waist!.

Crying Bob!! :(

loosbrew
09/13/2003, 10:47 AM
theres a crappy place here who is in "transistion". They are preparing for fish, so before they even had the tanks or the hself space, they set up 2 ten gal's with internal corner filters, kinda like the ones you would buy for a turtle tank, and put 2 medium sized maroon clowns, a koran angel, two tiny hippo tangs, a centropyge of some sorts, all in one tank and the other has a pipe fish mandarins, a nother maroon clown, and a sailfin!!!

sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad..,,makes me want to go to Petco for crickets now!

l

nimrodfiftyfour
09/15/2003, 11:43 PM
You can't blame the shop for someone throwing things into the tank. They at least had ref. on them, thats commendable. Maybe you should try to offer some advice instead of just getting p*ssed off.

Gololf
09/16/2003, 08:50 AM
I did talk to them about the broblem and offered to make a cover for them to protect the bio/filter tank below....but they didn't really care.....just shrugged........SO....I do have some reason to be ****ed.

FL Bob

Megalodon
09/16/2003, 10:22 AM
I would be p*ssed too.

nimrodfiftyfour
09/17/2003, 01:39 PM
Ok, justifiable.

robwsup
09/21/2003, 02:02 AM
Hey Bob,
I see you are from St. Augustine. Where are some decent LFS down there. I live in SC now, but am originally from Jacksonville (actually Orange Park) and get down there often to visit family. I make it down to the beach nearly everytime I go. My family has a condo at Ocean Gallery that my wife and I stay in for a week or so in the summer. It'd be nice to check out some stores in St. Augustine that sell something besides dead sea creatures (shell shops)