PDA

View Full Version : New Idaho Reefer Needs HELP!!

WaterKeeper
09/12/2003, 11:04 AM
I have a Newbie from Idaho who needs some help.

Originally posted by luv_my_ocean2004
My husband is buying an already established salt water tank and it looks to crowded to me. How can I thin it out to make it look better and be able to add my own touch to it? There is a lot of cool stuff in it and I'm not really sure how to arrange it, maybe to give it my own touch without getting rid of anything and still add to it. It is a 100 gal. tank with all the gadgets from a good lighting system, monitors for ph levels you name it it has it. Can you help me?

Thanks, Sabrina

Maybe one of you can contact her and show here how to frag some of her corals. Seeing it done is a lot easier than explaining it via a post.

Thanks.

Idaho Bob
09/12/2003, 11:30 AM
Where are you located in Idaho? Our reef club is located in Boise, but members probably know reefers all over the state. Thinning out the tank sounds like it might be a good idea. The excess can be bartered in several locals stores, or found a home among club members. You might want to tour some local tanks, which our club meetings accomplish, and get some ideas, opinions, and advice.

luv_my_ocean2004
09/17/2003, 05:33 PM
Thanks a bunch. I'm located in within reach of Boise. Do you have info on the idaho reef Club? My tank is very nice considering. I have always enjoyed a salt Water tank over fresh water tanks as the fish are so much more colorful. How do I go about posting my tank online so I might get a chance to earn Tank of the Month? Thanks again for your reply.

WaterKeeper
09/17/2003, 06:49 PM
:lol: Been here a whole two posts and luv is buckin for TOTM. Way to go girl!

At the top of your post you'll see the http://reefcentral.com/forums/images/gallery-empty.gif icon. Click on it and it will take you to your gallery. Click on Upload Photos and follow the directions on uploading your images.

I'll now leave you to the fine folks in Boise.

Idaho Bob
09/18/2003, 09:54 AM
We have a thread that shows some nice tanks in Boise. I'll post on it so it shows at the top of the list of threads. We have a list serve that gets a lot more traffic than the reef central site. The group's website is at http://www.idahoreefs.org/. I think there is information there about signing up for the list serve.

Check back at the Boise Reef site at Reef Central, and I'll pop up the tank photo thread.

I hope to see you at a future meeting of the club!