PDA

View Full Version : Need southdown

Treeman
09/10/2003, 09:23 PM
I am looking for some southdown for 3 - 30 gal prop tanks. Does anybody have some I can buy or trade for. Or were do you buy it local.

Please post or pm me.

Matt

RicksReefs
09/10/2003, 09:50 PM
Hey Matt,
if you know someone with a pickup truck,
you can get a ton (literally) for $20 in ft. pierce.

Treeman
09/10/2003, 10:03 PM
Hey Rick, Hows it going?

I have a 3/4 ton pick up but I hate to travel that far for it. Ft Pierce is about 2 hours from me. But maybe I could make a day of it and come by sometime.

Matt

RicksReefs
09/10/2003, 10:25 PM
Hi Matt,
sure, no problem.
pick me up on the way n' i'll help shovel it.
i could use a few hundred pounds myself :cool:

Reefanatic67
09/12/2003, 05:34 PM
Sounds like a road trip to me guys! :)

Hope everyone is doing well.

Manny......

Treeman
09/12/2003, 07:09 PM
Hey Manny,

Well it sounds to me like you want to go along. You busy during the week next week? We could stop by Ricks and pick him up and go. My truck will fit all of us and one more.

How ya been? Looked for you at the last meeting.

Matt

RicksReefs
09/12/2003, 10:08 PM
hey manny, wassuup.

yup, sounds like a road trip.

but i don't get off work (m-f) 'till 4pm. :(

Reefanatic67
09/13/2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Treeman
Hey Manny,

Well it sounds to me like you want to go along. You busy during the week next week? We could stop by Ricks and pick him up and go. My truck will fit all of us and one more.

How ya been? Looked for you at the last meeting.

Matt

I've been doing well...just traveling way too much again lately. Thanks for the offer, but I can't, as I will be on the road again :(. I'll wave as I drive by Rick's and your house! :) I've been commuting back and forth to Jax for the last 3 weeks....and got 2 more to go! Next week, I'm flying though!

Yeah, I haven't been able to register for FMAS, yet. I do plan to attend, but I won't be able to for another month or so....I'm thinking Oct is a safe bet.

Originally posted by Treeman
hey manny, wassuup.

yup, sounds like a road trip.

but i don't get off work (m-f) 'till 4pm.

Yo Rick...Hey man, I heard you hooked up with Jeremy for some Zoo's. Yeah, he asked me how they looked so I sent him a pic....I guess the rest is history!

Take care guys, and I'll catch you all when I get back to town.

Manny......

PS - I've got more mushrooms now than I know what to do with. :) I took most of the mushroom rocks out of my tank and placed then in their own tank....what a mess!

Treeman
09/13/2003, 11:02 AM
Hey Manny,

I may be able to take some of those purple mushrooms in a couple of weeks. I have added to the prop system 3 - 25 gallons. It is cycling now. Doing the zoo's, mushrooms and rose BTA. Want to do some xenia also.

Talk to ya soon. Thats a bummer having to go to Jax every week.

Matt

Reefanatic67
09/14/2003, 07:45 PM
Yeah, driving back and forth gets old after a while....but it does help clear the mind!

Yeah, let me know how many you want and I'll get them for you. I've traded a few and sold some to the fish store, but I still have some left. In a few weeks, I'm sure to have more! :)

Dougroberson
09/25/2003, 10:06 PM
Hey, are you guys still thinking about going to get some southdown? I need some bad enough that I'll throw in shovelling and I have a ruptured disc lol

I'm hoping to start a tank for a couple of tangs next month and a tank that big needs a lot of sand.

Reefanatic67
09/26/2003, 06:28 AM
Just curious if you all ended up going or not......

Treeman
09/26/2003, 07:56 AM
No, we did not go. It was just to hard for me to get away late in the day. It's kinda crazy in that I can do better sneaking out of work in the middle of the day and get back to spend time with my family than head up there at 2-3 in the afternoon. I don't get the grief from my wife and son.

I still need some, but don't know what to do. Maybe next time I head that way I will stop and pick some up on the way back. And then stop at Rick's.

Posted by Dougroberson"
""Hey, are you guys still thinking about going to get some southdown? I need some bad enough that I'll throw in shovelling and I have a ruptured disc lol""

Yeah, I know what you mean on the disc. I had a ruptured disc and had surgery 3 1/2 years ago. Don't want to go thru that again. 6 monthes I could barely walk or work.

Can anybody go in the middle of the week? Or is Saturday better?

Matt

Dougroberson
09/26/2003, 08:57 AM
Uggh. I've had this problem off and on for two years. It was never diagnosed as anything other than a lumbar strain, though, because i didn't have the shooting pain in my leg that I have now. I just want it fixed so I can live normally again :o)

Treeman
09/26/2003, 09:46 AM
If you are in Miami or down south I went to Dr. Mark Brown at U of M (Miami Jackson). I was so bad. I was numb in my foot and shooting pain in my back and down my leg it took me about 20 minutes to get out of bed. Had 2 shots in my lower back didn't help, MRI and after 4-5 monthes I had surgery. I was home the next day and back to work in 3. Never felt any pain again.

I have Dr Browns number if you want it.

Matt

Dougroberson
09/26/2003, 03:30 PM
I have an HMO, so I have to go to who my doctor recommends. Hopefully, though, I'll get hooked up anyway.

wpbfishguy
10/20/2003, 07:50 PM
I have an unopened 50lb bag of southdown if anyone is interested I would trade it for frags or live rock