PDA

View Full Version : Is this forum dead?

EvilMel
09/09/2003, 01:35 PM
Have you guys not been keeping up with your forum?

Is everyone just busy?

I know there are several Nashville people out there. Have you guys had any success starting a club or atleast having a frag swap?

We had one in Knoxville but I wouldn't say it was the most successful. But it was fun because everyone just sorta traded and a few people bought stuff. So it wasn't huge but I think everyone walked away happy.

Mel

p.s. If you guys still want to try to set up a frag swap I am still interested in coming there and probably could bring a couple of people (or atleast their wallets) with me.

kevlouie
09/09/2003, 02:54 PM
To be honest, I don't know. It seems the only thing the forum is good for is the occasional "getting out of the hobby" thread and that is about depressing. We have managed a couple of pooled orders and we are getting about the same number of new people as we are losing, but no meeting yet. Unless someone wants GSP or button polyps, I can't produce too much for a swap yet. The people who have enough to trade are probably too busy to have a meeting, but who knows? I'm game, with a little notice.

Mnemic
09/09/2003, 04:12 PM
I know I have 3 SPS corals that are very small that I need to swap out for some small LPS or just something else.

I was hoping to have another tank setup for them, but it just has not come to pass yet.

BTW, I was at the Critter last night, and they are selling these new "Nano-Cubes" which are a 12G GLASS tank cube, with a Built in Sump/wet/dry filter in the back of it. They have one setup by the registers, and it looks pretty good.

has Ample lighting for most corals (I'ma light freak, and would upgrade) but I would want to add my iceprobe onto it somehow...

Considering getting one, as its an all in 1 Nano for 119 bucks.

Just a FYI :)

picture the reef
09/09/2003, 11:25 PM
Saw the same nano at The Critter. Pretty cool setup. I have a 90 Eco-Wheel setup that I've had up for nearly 3 months. My wife would kill me right now if I even talked about another tank. Even a 12 gallon.:D

EvilMel
09/11/2003, 09:20 AM
That's a great deal.

I will have to check it out next time I am in Nashville.

Mnemic
09/11/2003, 12:51 PM
The 119.99 for the nano cube is actualy a bit expensive for it, since you can find it online for 100 bucks, and shipping would only be 10-15 bucks, so after tax and stuff, would be cheaper.

JBJ says the 24Watts of light they have in it is enough for Hard Corals, and even Clams. Maybe to sustain them on the equiv of Lifesupport, but not for them to thrive in. I'm looking into one, and getting a 2x28Watt Kit to add to it, and then see how it goes.

The back compartment of the Tank is 3", and an IceProbe's Chilling part is 3 1/4" long, so would need to figure a way to get that in there still.

Just playing with the idea for a very simple nano.