PDA

View Full Version : Tearing down tank, parting out 240 gallon

Reefmaiden
09/08/2003, 06:15 PM
Due to some unfortunate changes that have occured in my life the past week or so I am forced to take down my tank for now. Parting out my entire 240 tank, livestock and equipment.

Of course will need to sell livestock/liverock first before I can tear down the equipment. Most of my SPS corals have already gone to a good home, here is what is left:

Livestock:

· Large green pavona SPS (6�+) = $50
· Huge Toadstool leather (sarchophyton), base is approx. 5� diameter, head approx. 12� diameter, has sent off many babies = $75
· Small red open brain w/ green center = $40
· Tan birdsnest colony (approx. 6�+ diameter) = $45
· Large dark red lobophillia, approx. 7� diameter = $60
· Large 7-8� Deresa clam - $50
· Small 3� hippo clam = $25
· Small 2 ½� – 3� Blue Ultra Chuuck Maxima clam - $50

Other misc. acro frags, zooanthids, etc. available

Pair of Maroon clowns, have been together for 4 years but have never produced = $30
Yellow tang, fat and healthy = $20
Pair of squarespot anthias = $40

Tons of hermits (bluelegged, scarlet, and Mexican red legged) = free with purchase
Many snails (turbo) = free with purchase

Live rock – approx. 400 pounds of fully cured live rock, all but 70 pounds of Kaelini has been in my system for over 4 years (the Kaelini has been in there approx. 4 months). Mostly Fiji and Kaelini,. Tons of life on the rock, a lot is covered in button polyps, green, red, and blue mushrooms, green star polyps, etc. = $2.75 a pound

Also have 94 pounds of UNCURED Fiji rock, just received 8/29 from East Coast clams, is currently curing - $2.00 pound

Equipment:

· 50 gallon custom acrylic sump w/ baffles, bulkheads, etc. = $75
· 4 – 110w VHO retrofit ballast kit from Hellolights. Includes ballast, 4 sets of endcaps with wiring harness, and 4 VHO bulbs (3 actinics and 1 daylight bulb). Bulbs are over a year old so should be replaced. = $100
· 2 – 250w MH magnetic ballasts w/ mougul sockets & mounting bracket. Core & coil ballasts, should be put in enclosure (not included). $30 each
· 2 – 400w MH magnetic ballasts w/ mougul sockets & mounting bracket. F-Can ballasts (fully enclosed). Will include 10K Ushio bulbs, approx 6 months old, $75 each
· 2 Ampmaster 3K, both approx 2 years old. Both in excellent condition and work great, $100 each (one not currently in use, can go now)
· 1 Ampmaster 3K, approx. 5 months old, Like new condition, works great, $200
· Two slightly used SQWD’s, purchased used, had been used approx. 2 months. Good condition, in boxes w/ documentation - $20 each (not in use, can go now)
· Used ETSS 1800 skimmer, some damage but has been repaired. Good overall condition needs bioballs. = $300 OBO (not in use, can go now)
· 240 gallon custom acrylic tank with stand. Tank is 8x2x2, stand measures approx. 12’ wide x 7’ tall. (has two side cabinets plus stand and canopy all built to look like one unit, but is modular). Stand is not completely finished (needs some doors and trim work). Sell tank and stand as is now for $600, or give me a couple weeks and I’ll have the doors finished and will sell tank & stand for $800.

Would prefer to show the stuff, etc. on the weekend as I usually am home late from work during the week. Email or PM me with any questions, many pictures of the equipment, tank, etc are on my website.

georgecs
09/08/2003, 06:24 PM
Sorry to hear you tearing down tank big bummer, whats a SQWD and what length of bulbs will the VHO retrofit ballast run. Would you be able to ship it I live up in vegas at zip 89149.Could you please give a cost.Good luck George

Fliger
09/08/2003, 06:37 PM
Hi Erin, I hope all is ok with you. Sorry to hear about your decision, I would try to talk you out of it but I'm sure you're beyond that.

I'll buy some stuff off of you, though. I can give you the money & waiting for the product is not a problem. Here is what I'm interested in:

Red Lobo - $60
2 year old Ampmaster - $100
Anthias pair - $40

And some LR, I'd like to pick up some medium sized pieces. Possibly some frags.

Of course I'd rather hear that you change your mind.

maxima k2
09/08/2003, 06:37 PM
Hey I pm'd you but I forgot to let you know that when you get a tank set up again you are welcome to get any frags you want from me for free. LMK

Phage
09/08/2003, 06:43 PM
I'm interested in one of those 2 year old ampmasters for 100 bucks if you still have one

And the 2 SCWDs too, if they're still available

tendar
09/08/2003, 06:53 PM
Sorry to hear your taking down you system.
Do you have any plans for getting a another setup some time down the road. If so you want to consider keeping some of the equipment for latter on.
Good luck and fixing your problems
Gregg

BLUESMAN
09/08/2003, 07:08 PM
Erin, Very sorry to hear the news. I hope that you are doing ok and if there is anything can I/we can do you, please let us aware. Once again sorry to hear the news. Blue

soosberries
09/08/2003, 07:16 PM
Sorry to hear about you having to take things down, I know how much work you have put into the tank making it nice.
I would like the clowns and some of the cured rock, the dersa clam, the ultra maxima and the red brain and maybe some Zoos depending on color.

My buddy Stan would like the VHO retrofit, the SQIDS( 1 OR 2) and 100 lbs of the cured rock.

Once again I'm very sorry that you have to take your tank down, I've gone through it several times myself in the last 20 years and have always found a way of getting back into the hobby at another time when my life has been less complicated.

NORM

bnmbrian
09/08/2003, 07:45 PM
Hey Erin,
Really sorry to hear about your tank, we all know how much you enjoy the hobby. Thanks so much for all the frags you've given everyone!! We'll get you set up again when you're ready!!!

Brian

Newbie Jeff
09/08/2003, 08:18 PM
Erin,
I'd like about 50 pounds of the live rock.
Jeff

Reefmaiden
09/08/2003, 08:27 PM
Thanks everyone for your kind words. Hopefully some time in the not too distant future I'll be able to set another tank up (maybe smaller) and appreciate all the kind offers of frags, etc. I did think about keeping my equipment so that I could use it again one day, but unfortunatly I really need the money right now so I'll just have to start over from scratch. Oh-well, it will give me the opportunity to make those changes I always thought about...

Anyway, here is an updated list. I think it is correct, please let me know if I missed something. Also, forgot to mention on the first list I also have at least 5 x-large rose BTA's that are available. I'd prefer that whoever takes one takes the rock they are on, they are just too hard to remove and I don't feel like messing with it. These guys are all very large (8-12" in diameter when open). There are at least two that are slightly smaller, maybe 6-7" when open (but they will grow fast). Please be sure you have a suitable system for these before you get one, though. Will sell for $75 each.

Livestock:

• Huge Toadstool leather (sarchophyton), base is approx. 5� diameter, head approx. 12� diameter, has sent off many babies = $75
• Tan birdsnest colony (approx. 6�+ diameter) = $45
• Small 3� hippo clam = $25

Tons of hermits (bluelegged, scarlet, and Mexican red legged) = free with purchase
Many snails (turbo) = free with purchase

Live rock – approx. 400 pounds of fully cured live rock, all but 70 pounds of Kaelini has been in my system for over 4 years (the Kaelini has been in there approx. 4 months). Mostly Fiji and Kaelini,. Tons of life on the rock, a lot is covered in button polyps, green, red, and blue mushrooms, green star polyps, etc. = $2.75 a pound
APPROX. 200# SPOKEN FOR

Also have 94 pounds of UNCURED Fiji rock, just received 8/29 from East Coast clams, is currently curing - $2.00 pound

Equipment:

• 50 gallon custom acrylic sump w/ baffles, bulkheads, etc. = $75
• 1 – 250w MH magnetic ballasts w/ mougul sockets & mounting bracket. Core & coil ballasts, should be put in enclosure (not included). $30 (ONE SOLD)
• 2 – 400w MH magnetic ballasts w/ mougul sockets & mounting bracket. F-Can ballasts (fully enclosed). Will include 10K Ushio bulbs, approx 6 months old, $75 each
• 1 Ampmaster 3K, approx 2 years old. In excellent condition and works great, $100 (ONE SOLD)
• 1 Ampmaster 3K, approx. 5 months old, Like new condition, works great, $200
• Used ETSS 1800 skimmer, some damage but has been repaired. Good overall condition needs bioballs. = $300 OBO (not in use, can go now)
• 240 gallon custom acrylic tank with stand. Tank is 8x2x2, stand measures approx. 12’ wide x 7’ tall. (has two side cabinets plus stand and canopy all built to look like one unit, but is modular). Stand is not completely finished (needs some doors and trim work). Sell tank and stand as is now for $600, or give me a couple weeks and I’ll have the doors finished and will sell tank & stand for $800. (MIGHT HAVE INTERESTED BUYER)

Reefmaiden
09/08/2003, 08:39 PM
Ok, with the huge response I've had I've decided to have an open house of sorts on Saturday from 10:00am - 3:00pm in hopes that that will get it over with. Some of you already know where I live, but PM or email me for my address/phone if you need it. If you can let me know who is coming over and approx. time I'd appreciate it. Items that people have expressed interest in will be held for them, so no need to worry about having it sold out from under you. If I haven't PM'd you to tell you you were first to request it then let me know, I don't have you on my list.

If that time absolutely does not work for you let me know and we can try to work something else out. Everyone interested in LR should probably plan on being first so you can have first pick :)

Everyone will need to bring their own buckets please for the LR. I do have some bags if needed for the livestock.

Reefmaiden
09/08/2003, 11:23 PM
Forgot a few misc. items that are also available:

-100gpd 5 stage RO/DI unit, purchased approx. 3 months ago from Air, Water, & Ice. This is their Typhoon III model, click here (http://www.airwaterice.com/typhoon%20111.htm) for more details. Has fast flush, DI bypass, pressure gauge, auto shut off valve and float valve, TDS meter = $150

-1 full bucket of IO salt unopened (200 gal) - $20

-1 nearly full bucket of IO salt (approx. 170 gal. left) - $15

- Magnavore 4 magnet w/ full box of replacement acrylic pads - $50

-Refractometer (purchased a few months ago in the group buy)- $25

tendar
09/09/2003, 12:24 AM
Will take the full bucket of salt and the refratometer for a friend of mine.

Reefmaiden
09/09/2003, 08:34 AM
Gregg-

Sorry, the salt and refractometer has already been spoken for.

Here is what is left:

Livestock:

• Huge Toadstool leather = $75
• Tan birdsnest colony (approx. 6�+ diameter) = $45
• Small 3� hippo clam = $25
Tons of hermits = free with purchase

Live rock – (400# cured) = $2.75 a pound APPROX. 300# SPOKEN FOR

Live Rock (94# UNCURED) - $2.00 pound

Equipment:

• 2 – 400w MH magnetic ballasts w/ mougul sockets & mounting bracket. F-Can ballasts (fully enclosed). Will include 10K Ushio bulbs, approx 6 months old, $65 each (PRICE REDUCED)
• 1 Ampmaster 3K, approx 2 years old. In excellent condition and works great, $100 (ONE SOLD)
• 1 Ampmaster 3K, approx. 5 months old, Like new condition, works great, $175 (PRICE REDUCED)
• Used ETSS 1800 skimmer, some damage but has been repaired. Good overall condition needs bioballs. = $300 OBO (not in use, can go now)
• 240 gallon custom acrylic tank with stand. Tank is 8x2x2, stand measures approx. 12’ wide x 7’ tall. (has two side cabinets plus stand and canopy all built to look like one unit, but is modular). Stand is not completely finished (needs some doors and trim work). Sell tank and stand as is now for $600, or give me a couple weeks and I’ll have the doors finished and will sell tank & stand for $800. (MIGHT HAVE INTERESTED BUYER)

Fliger
09/09/2003, 12:03 PM
Wow I can't believe there is a 2 year old ampmaster for $100 that's still there. I should just buy it as a back-up, but I'm going broke. ;-)

You know you could sell it for more if you ship.

jimmy007
09/09/2003, 12:12 PM
Erin,

Are you will to ship to LA? If so, I would be interested in taking all your rose. Give me a deal with shipping to 91770. Let me know.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Reefmaiden
09/09/2003, 12:23 PM
Sorry, not interested in shipping, especially the livestock. I might ship some of the remaining equipment if I can't sell it here locally, but would rather not ship the livestock.

I'm reducing the price on the remaining livestock since I'd really like to be able to clear everything out.

-Large Toadstool leather= $50
-Tan Birdsnest colony = $25
-Small hippo clam = $20
-Yellow Tang - free to good home

Thanks everyone-

Fliger
09/09/2003, 12:24 PM
I'll take the yellow if you think he could co-exist with a smaller purple tang in a 150. It's a good home. ;-)

Eh, never mind - I just added a few fish a couple weeks ago & I have a couple corals so I should probably wait. Plus they would have to live in the 70 for another month. I'm sure someone else could give him a great home. Sorry for the reversal.

mx_tang
09/09/2003, 12:26 PM
David,

IMHO, I'd hold off on the yellow Tang, and I don't mean me :cool:

jimmy007
09/09/2003, 12:31 PM
Erin,

Thanks. But if you change you mine let me know.

Jimmy

wiliiam
09/09/2003, 12:55 PM
I'm interested in whatever LR you have left

soosberries
09/09/2003, 12:59 PM
I'd be glad to put him in the 550 (FOWLR) - there is currently only 6 fish in there plus a cleaner wrasse that, I've now had for over 1 year. Of course he'll be hard to catch if he's in your big tank now so, I can wait on him and my buddy can pick him up at a latter date as I'm going out of town this weekend.

Norm

muzzelfuzz
09/09/2003, 01:00 PM
hey erin i will take the yellow tang and also i need to get about 20 or so lbs of lr. for a friend of mine, i will see you saturday, if the yellwo tang is already spocken for no biggie

BLUESMAN
09/09/2003, 03:06 PM
Erin I'm in on the clam if it's still available. Blue

conundrum
09/09/2003, 09:17 PM
I would like the Large Toadstool leather= $50 if still avail.

tendar
09/09/2003, 09:42 PM
Dont know if you had seen that toad stool but it is awesome looking and large. My buddy got the smaller one of the 2 a few months ago and it is 7-8" across and even taller with long tenticals.

Reefmaiden
09/09/2003, 11:46 PM
I think Norm (soosberries) is going to take the toadstool leather.

I think for now all of the liverock is gone, there may be a little left after all is said and done on Saturday and if so I'll let everyone know.

The green pavona SPS is still available if anyone is interested in that one, I'll reduce the price to $40

Bluesman - did you want the hippo clam? That is the only one still available. I will hold it for you, let me know.

I believe I have at least 2 rose BTA's available (its hard to tell how many are in there). Also still available is the tan birdsnest.

All of the equipment from my last post is still available minus one 400w MH ballast setup.

thanks again for all your help with this, guys. I can't tell you how much you are helping me out.

soosberries
09/10/2003, 11:15 AM
Yes - I'm looking forward to putting the leather in my reef tank, along with the other critters that Erin is so graciously holding for me and my buddy.

Norm

bnmbrian
09/11/2003, 11:33 AM
Looks like you moved a lot of stuff pretty quickly!!

I'll take that open bucket of IO if it's still available.

And I could probably give the green Pavona a good home, but if someone else wants it go for it.

Thanks Erin.

Brian

Reefmaiden
09/11/2003, 01:39 PM
Hi Brian-

Well, the salt is gone, but the Pavona still needs a home. Also I need to find homes for my small hippo clam and a tan birdsnest colony. If anyone is interested please let me know - will let them all go free to good homes!

Fliger
09/11/2003, 01:54 PM
Hey Erin, sent you a PM on Saturday. Also, how about I "hold" the hippo for you, when you get set back up, you can take him back. ;-)

David

soosberries
09/11/2003, 02:03 PM
My buddy Stan said he will gladly take the free birds nest off your hands and give it a good home. He has a 120 reef with a 50 gal refugium and is currently running 2 @ 175 mhs and 4 @110 VHO's.
He also said if you want it back at a later date when you get another tank goin that he'd keep a small frag and give you back the mother colony.

Norm

homersimpson
09/11/2003, 02:07 PM
Is the sale still on for this saturday?

BLUESMAN
09/11/2003, 02:48 PM
Erin, I will provide a good for the hippo clam.....80g with 250 &400 MH's and 2x 110w VHO's. Mike
I would'nt mind a frag of the birdnest??

BLUESMAN
09/12/2003, 06:15 PM
Erin, If you need those bio balls, I can bring them. Maybe we should have a FRAG party at your house if it was'nt so depressing. Well your next tank should be even better....lots of frags to send to you. Blue

Reefmaiden
09/15/2003, 08:37 AM
I want to thank everyone for showing up on Saturday and buying all my livestock and equipment. I've just got a couple things that need to find a home so that I can drain the tank:

1 Large green pavona SPS coral
4 small green chromis
1 spotted cardinal
2 tiger tailed cucumbers
a handfull of hermits plus a snail or two

If anyone can take any of the above please let me know, will let them all go free to a good home.

Thanks guys!

wiliiam
09/15/2003, 08:41 AM
I'll take the hermits and the snails, I work at 101 and shea

dgin
09/15/2003, 09:31 AM
Erin,
I'll take the chromis and 1 of cukes if they are still available. Let me know.

Thanks!

muzzelfuzz
09/15/2003, 12:57 PM
hey erin i can take anything thats left like the pavona, let me know and if ya want to get rid of some of the sand.........

BLUESMAN
09/15/2003, 05:35 PM
Erin, I'd like the other Cucumber and the Cardinal. Hey Bobby if you are going to pick up,can you get those too?? ,unless someone else is going to Erin's and FRAG on Saturday? Blue

chetm2
09/16/2003, 04:21 PM
hello, I'm new to this site but none the less sorry to hear about your situation. if you still have any equipment or livestock you need to sell let me know. best of luck to you and hope things work out for the best.

Reefmaiden
09/16/2003, 09:55 PM
chetm2-

Welcome to the site. Sorry, but everything is now gone or has been spoken for.

Thanks again for everyone during this mess. I really appreciate it.

RODSREEF
09/22/2003, 08:34 AM
Anything left?

RODSREEF
09/22/2003, 08:34 AM
Oops!!!

lurch694u
09/22/2003, 07:45 PM
:bum:

BLUESMAN
09/22/2003, 07:47 PM
Everything is gone....went very quick. Blue BTW It was nice meeting you, maybe next time we can talk more. Blue

Reefmaiden
09/22/2003, 08:06 PM
There is one item left that I had actually forgotten about; I have a used ETSS 1800 skimmer available. It has had some damage but has been repaired and is in good working condition. Rated for tanks 900 gallons +. For more info on the skimmer see HERE (http://www.reefgeek.com/products/categories/protein_skimmers/103454.html)

If anyone is interested in it make an offer.

Thanks,

conundrum
09/23/2003, 12:58 AM
You should put that big boy on ebay.

MPETERS
09/23/2003, 04:06 PM
Hi Erin,

Just a little to small but thanks.