PDA

View Full Version : Odd Question

saltwaterfishlover
09/07/2003, 10:04 AM
HI Members of FMAS
I currently live in Rochester, New York but hope to be moving to the Boca area within the next 2 months.

1st question.

Is the reason the FMAS board here is so inactive is that your real time activities keep you in touch better and are more active by phone than on RC or you are just more active in other areas.

2nd
is this the group to join for that area or is FRAG?

3rd who has the best coral husbandry in the area. (as in when they get a frag it almost always remains happy and healthy and grows like a weed).
reason being would like to send frags of what I have down there to start getting acclimated and when I get there can have frags back to resead my tank when its ready.

tah and final question.

Any one know a good computer/printer service company that might be hiring in the area? am A+ certified and have 11 HP printer certs as well as a few xerox and Lexmark certs also.

Thanks again

andy

scubadude
09/07/2003, 12:02 PM
Hey Andy :-)
Im not real local to FMAS (miami) but am a member of FMAS and I will answer your questions as best as I can.

Is the reason the FMAS board here is so inactive is that your real time activities keep you in touch better and are more active by phone than on RC or you are just more active in other areas.

We just started the FMAS forum here on RC so some members dont even know about it yet, some dont do much with the internet. I assure you however that FMAS is VERY active in real life.

is this the group to join for that area or is FRAG?

This is totally your call, I believe both groups are serving both areas....Join both of them if you want. Im not 100% sure but Im pretty sure that FMAS is much bigger.

who has the best coral husbandry in the area. (as in when they get a frag it almost always remains happy and healthy and grows like a weed).

There are lots of good ppl to preserve your corals to just to name a few

Rafael aka FragGuy (he has a large scale prop farm so plenty of space)
Gon
Missy aka Missy1101
Kara
Herrman (not on the board)
Mike
Johnny
Jack
And many more
I would offer but it wouldnt seem realistic as I am about 3 hrs from the area.

Any one know a good computer/printer service company that might be hiring in the area? am A+ certified and have 11 HP printer certs as well as a few xerox and Lexmark certs also.

I really cant help you much in this area, I do know that some of the members of the club are in the computer industry so maybe they can chime in.

Look forward to seeing you in the future.

Rocky

missy1101
09/09/2003, 11:46 AM
Hi Andy,

Rocky is correct in the fact that there are quite alot of things happening with FMAS. Every month there is something new. I am a newer member (May of this year) and I have been busy every month sometimes every other weekend. I have met a lot of great people in the club and am very glad that I decided to join.

I am a HelpDesk supervisor and my suggestion to you as far as jobs here right now would be to contact a headhunter and let them do the research for you. Or careerbuilder.com is also a great resource.

If you decide to move come check out a meeting or two and see what you think.

saltwaterfishlover
09/09/2003, 01:41 PM
thanks both of you for your advice.....
as to moving...
not moving isnt an option. at least my wife would be kidnapped by our best friends and she already has a job lined up. and I would feel sympathetic and have to move down there to "try" and rescue her....

missy1101
09/09/2003, 06:42 PM
Welcome to Florida and welcome to FMAS!!!! :D