PDA

View Full Version : Membership

awcurl
09/06/2003, 05:04 PM
Hello All,

Is having an up and running reef a requirement for membership in ETRC? I moved to Knoxville in 2000 and have had my tanks in storage ever since the move. I want to get back in the hobby, but would like to learn more about what is being used now.

Thanks
Art

EvilMel
09/07/2003, 10:19 AM
Nope, I don't think so.

Do you have experience in the reef keeping hobby? Or are you interested in being in (or being in again) the reef keeping hobby? Do you just want to learn how difficult it is do a reef tank? Are you interested in interacting with marine-minded people?

If you fit one of these criteria or more (or even if you don't) you too could be in the ETRC.

Just come to the next meeting and we will talk about it then. The next meeting should be awesome too.

Mel

Sir Knight
09/07/2003, 08:06 PM
Hi Art,
You are welcome to come to our meeting and join the club.
Our next meeting will be at my house in Maryville with a tour and explantion of my greenhouse. Just so you are awhere this greenhouse is not for plants it is for the proporgation of corals. It contains 11 - 240 gallon fiberglass tanks that have soft corals, Zoo's, polyps, and a few hard corals. I will also be giving a preview of my second proporgation area which will be 16'x30' of my basement. this area will be for SPS corals. For directions please go to our MACNA XV award winning site. The address is
www.easttnreefclub.com

Joe W.

awcurl
09/08/2003, 07:43 PM
Thanks, I'm looking forward to joining everyone at the next meeting. I don't know how much I'll be able to contribute, but I’m sure I'll learn quite a bit. I do have experience with reef tanks, but I've been out of the hobby since 11-99, that's when I was transfer to Knoxville and put my tanks in storage. Before moving I had a two hundred gallon reef tank and a seventy five gallon Lion fish tank. I've been getting the bug for the past year and have finally decided to set the reef back up. I know things have changed since I was active so I'm excited to see what’s new.

EvilMel
09/09/2003, 01:30 PM
Awesome!

Welcome back to the hobby.

Mel