PDA

View Full Version : Fiji tonga rock

stingray2
05/20/2001, 09:06 PM
Does anyone know where is a good place to get this rock where the pieces aren't broken or anything. I was looking at Paragon aquatics and anchofish. Has anyone ordered rock from them?
Thanks

Green Mariner
05/22/2001, 08:43 AM
stingray2, check out http://www.oceanencounter.com for live rock. I reciently got some and was very happy tons of coralline macros, pods, snails, worms...... I did get the raw uncured rock and cured it myself!!
HTH

Fishrat
05/22/2001, 10:06 PM
Paragon Aquatics is a small outfit. ( 1 or 2 people in the garage) But it seems like they know how to take care of live rock. I'm in their area so, I should be paying them a visit to check out their stock sometime soon. Anybody know anything else about Paragon Aquatics, or have an feedback about orders, I'd be interested to hear

byhuie
05/23/2001, 08:24 AM
I visited Paragon last weekend. I was extremely impressed. I have not purchased any of their rock yet, but it was the best I have seen. I have not seen anyone else's rock except from numerous LFS in the Connecticut/ Philadelphia area, but theirs was very, very nice. Colorful, branchy, and had some surviving small brain corals on many pieces. Mike is very knowledgeable, and fully admits that this is a hobby gone wild, and that he loves it. All of their tanks were in very good shape. Highly recommend....