09/05/2003, 01:28 AM
http://www.reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=36622

:rolleyes: :mad2:

Flanders
09/05/2003, 01:41 PM
So did you get banned? ;)

NosArtur
09/05/2003, 03:46 PM
Man I thought people over here got upset. I think Mideast peace will occur before that board enjoys peaceful posting.

MaryHM
09/05/2003, 06:35 PM
Here is where Wayne (Naesco) first introduced Reeform:

http://reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=34219

While many of his points seem like good ones to someone who does not understand the inner workings of the industry, the fact is that his ideas are extremely flawed and are detrimental to the reform movement. Here is my rebuttal to him. This rebuttal went unanswered- the same way he treats any question directed publicly at Reeform by knowledgable people.

http://reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=34306

Please understand that Wayne (Naesco) has been frustrating people over at reefs.org for the past couple of months. He has recently moved his agenda to RC. Vitz's response had been building for a while.

Flanders
09/08/2003, 09:08 AM
Thanks for posting those links, MaryHM. So it looks like you two will be working together? :lol:

I don't think naesco's latest crusade will be well received here either.

saltchuck
09/08/2003, 10:27 AM
Looks like I'm not the only one to have issues with the agenda of Naesco.

MaryHM
09/08/2003, 06:50 PM
Glad to see you guys can see it for what it's worth.

toddflash
09/09/2003, 03:24 PM
The only way you could get people to stop using cyanide would be to have net caught fish be more profitable. I'm siding with oyu guys! I doubt his (Naesco) little idiolistic spew will be taken here either!

Todd

Aquaman
09/10/2003, 01:05 PM
what a bozo!

SciGuy2
09/17/2003, 09:04 AM
I see that naesco has been banned from RC. Happy now? I'm not.

I don't agree with all of naesco's views and the REEForm mantra, but from where I sit he wasn't particularly disruptive or overly argumentative. In fact, I see this thread as being much more argumentative than anything that naesco has stated in this forum.

Perhaps there is more about this banning of naesco than is readily apparent from reading what he has posted. If so, maybe I'll change my opinion.

Respectfully,

saltchuck
09/17/2003, 09:25 AM
Lee,

I hole-heartedly agree. I too do not agree with Naesco's opinion on reef reeform. Do not ban him for his view. Let him have his say.

Flanders
09/17/2003, 09:30 AM
That would really disappoint me if he was banned for that reason. I hope that isn't the case.

SciGuy2
09/17/2003, 09:56 AM
Maybe I shouldn't have said anything, I don't have all of the facts. It's just that I see that he is listed as "Moved On" and having reviewed his last postings I didn't see anything that appeared to deserve the boot.

Flanders
09/18/2003, 08:29 AM
I think it was worth mentioning. You never claimed to have all the facts. It sure seemed like his heart was in the right place.

SciGuy2
09/18/2003, 08:47 AM
moderators?

MaryHM
09/18/2003, 09:15 AM
Judging from Naesco's absence both here at at rdo, I'd say he's done just what his tagline says. Moved On. I don't think he's ever said/done anything to get banned. I think he realized that people are not going to accept his blind way of viewing and dealing with the cyanide issue. And when people other than us cynics over at the industry forum starting telling him he was on the wrong track and that they wouldn't support him, he probably finally got the hint. He should have stuck with giving the excellent answers he gave to many hobbyists about livestock health, etc... He could have learned more about the cyanide issue and listened to people about how to tackle the problem, then tried to educate people in an honest and factual way. He refused to do this- even claiming in another thread that Flame Angels came from the Philippines and implying that a hobbyists flame died because of cyanide poisoning which couldn't have been further from the truth. Sensationalism isn't the way to educate. Truth is. Naesco refused to listen to the truth about the cyanide issue and it's a shame. He could have put his motivation and passion for the issue to good use.

saltshop
09/18/2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by SciGuy2
Maybe I shouldn't have said anything, I don't have all of the facts.

Believe me there is more to the story than just having a fanatical and confrontational attitude. It would not be my place to spout off the ongoing problems that were accumulating that led Wayne from being a respected member of Team RC to being banned over a pretty short peroid of time. Just trust me when I say that it is not easy to go from being a member of the "team" one moment and then banned from the entire site the next. If JohnL or one of the moderators wants to list everything that went on, basically behind the scenes, they will do so although I highly doubt it as I already know more than I care to. In this case I would have almost preferred to be kept in the dark. I will miss the old Wayne and his informative posts, but was very happy to see the REEForm Wayne bid farewell.

Habib
09/18/2003, 02:49 PM
Mary:

even claiming in another thread that Flame Angels came from the Philippines and implying that a hobbyists flame died because of cyanide poisoning which couldn't have been further from the truth.

I think you have misinterpreted it if we are talking about the same post.

Naesco refused to listen to the truth about the cyanide issue and it's a shame.

I'm not sure if I can agree with that (there seem to be different "truths") but I would like to state to all that Naesco cannot post here to defend himself so IMHO please let us respect this.

TIA

BrianD
09/18/2003, 03:01 PM
Habib said it best. Let's let it rest. Nothing is forever, even absences from the board. Many on this board have "moved on", then "moved back". Reasons for anyone's departure are between the adminstration and that person, and for others to debate it is unfair to both.

Brian

JohnL
09/18/2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Habib
Naesco cannot post here to defend himself so IMHO please let us respect this.

I agree with Habib. This thread is closed.