PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone dealt with online companies?

nine9d
09/04/2003, 08:17 AM
I was more so looking for references here to some online retailers. Has anyone dealt with some of these companies online? There seem to be soo many. From LR to lights to fish you can get anything online. I buy 85% of everything else online and I figured to start to look into some of these saltwater dealers. Any recommedations? Thanks everyone.

porky
09/04/2003, 10:28 AM
I really like http://www.phishybusiness.com/
Great prices, awesome livestock and the owner is really cool :cool:

porky
09/04/2003, 10:29 AM
In fairness, I have ordered from a lot of the companies that are sponsors on ReefCentral, I think if you go with an RC sponsor you can't go wrong. They are all stand up companies with good reputations, or esle they wouldn't be on RC ;)

nine9d
09/04/2003, 11:29 AM
Thanks a lot Porky. I do believe in going with sponsors but also believe more from people that purchased from the companies. Any can sponsor anyone with a little money :)

porky
09/04/2003, 11:33 AM
Well I agree to an extent but the fact that they are advertising on RC indicates to me that they are in the know, also word-of-mouth is very strong on RC and if any of the sponsors screwed someone you would hear about it BIGTIME!
There is also a vendor feedback forum on RC where you can do more research.
Good luck.

nine9d
09/04/2003, 12:43 PM
Thanks bud. I will check out the vendor feedback section now. See, all I had to do was look :)

vmiller
09/04/2003, 02:46 PM
You should talk to Adam (tridacnareef.com). He's local, sells nice corals and clams, and can get you most drygoods. All at good prices.

Other places I like buying from are premiumaquatics.com, marinedepot.com, reefsplendor.com, and championlighting.com. Have had good experiences with all of them. I like premium aquatics best. They have a large selection, good prices, a thorough online ordering system, and are only 2 shipping days away. Although they have a great selection, I try to avoid ordering from Marine Depot because it takes 5 days for the stuff to get here.

Vin

Franks Reef
09/04/2003, 04:58 PM
Reefsplendor is in Hopewell Junction:mixed:

nine9d
09/04/2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Franks Reef
Reefsplendor is in Hopewell Junction:mixed: Hey Frank, is this an actual store or only an online store? Thank you.

Franks Reef
09/04/2003, 06:17 PM
Rumor has it that you can order online and pick it up at the warehouse. Drygoods only. The fishroom is offlimits to us working fools!

Reelfish
09/04/2003, 06:45 PM
Ordering on line is good for live rock, inverts, corals, clean up crews and dry goods but seeing the fish or coral your are going to buy is the way for me. I have purchased from many local on line companys and you save the shipping.

nine9d
09/05/2003, 01:00 PM
Thanks for everything guys and gals. All this love is too overwhelming.

affonsj
09/05/2003, 08:12 PM
Well I am new to starting another tank up and had a lot of questions. I called up several onlin retailers to either buy or ask questions. Few returned calls, and two did not. Not much to go on but Ameka Auatics, CPK skimmers..someone called Brian, Premium aquatics all took the time to answer my questions.

On the minus side, www.ACMEREEF.com I dont have a clue as to their business practice..the nano-reefs set up online say they are discontinued, they dont answer their phone nor their email.....go figure.....

In the past..www.thatfishplace.com was excellent for me as well

skearse
09/06/2003, 08:39 AM
Big thumbs up for www.thatfishplace.com. Also, Drs. Foster & Smith (Liveaquaria.com and www.drsfostersmith.com) have ben great, although their prices are generally a little higher than TFP.

Tomzpc
09/06/2003, 07:25 PM
I'm a big fan of Premium Aquatics for drygoods.

occb2
09/06/2003, 11:53 PM
Adam has great if not better prices than reefsplendor. Plus you can buy fish and clams. Oh and he just put out a DT grower I got it and it rules.
Later,
Rob