09/01/2003, 08:36 PM
http://www.c-sea.org/events/conference.html

szwab
10/01/2003, 04:14 PM
how do you prereegister for this?
just send in a check?

Rhodophyta
10/03/2003, 09:31 AM
Mailing a check with your name and hopefully address, phone number and email address will get you registered. There is no stated deadline, but to avoid disappointment if your letter gets delayed, mail it ASAP. I am sure they have to give the caterers a final number for the banquet a few days before the event, so help out the club and get them your info and check right away. Here is the info:

Pre - Register today for $45, and save $10 off a our regular admission price of $55.

Please make checks out to C-Sea and send to:

C-Sea
c/o Paul Pfingsten
534 Augdon Drive
Elyria, Ohio 44035

If you have any questions for Paul, email p p f i n g s t e n @ r e l i a b l e s p r i n g . c o m or check the C-SEA website for his published phone number.

There does not seem to be anything set up to pay with PayPal or a credit card online. Perhaps something is being done along that line, but don't wait. Mail that check. The Post Office has to make a living too!
:mixed:

brad
10/04/2003, 06:16 PM
Directions and Hotel information is available on the web. Please preregister by October 15th if you plan on going - you save $10 and we have a better idea how many people to accommodate.

We will not be accepting credit cards for this event. Pay Pal is a great idea, but I don't know if we still have time to set this up.

Rhodophyta
10/04/2003, 08:07 PM
If the board wants PayPal set up, Brad, I can get it done in minutes once I have the OK.

szwab
10/04/2003, 08:56 PM
is there more information availble on the event? ie. what types of vendors a schedule of the day, etc?
to be honest I had to work this day so I didn't pay much attention since I was unable to attend. However I have rearranged my schedule so that now I can.

thanks

Rhodophyta
10/05/2003, 10:03 AM
If you log on to http://www.c-sea.org/ you will get the latest posted information. You can also go to the officer's page at that club site, and get contact information for any questions or information you want to ask of the people organizing the event.

I believe it will be similar to the Michigan event that has been held annually for the last five years, in terms of vender booths. The facility here is a lot newer and was designed to accomodate events like this one.

Rhodophyta
10/07/2003, 05:56 AM
OK, Brad, I did not hear anything and time is getting late. I have set up and activated a PayPal account to be used for the NEOMAC, and it could also be used permanently for membership dues, Tee shirts, etc.

However, until the board approves the idea, I will have to block any premature payments.

Rhodophyta
10/08/2003, 03:17 PM
Szwab, John Janda was at a fish club meeting last night and mentioned that Tetra and several coral propagators would have booths at the NEOMAC.

Rhodophyta
10/12/2003, 04:45 PM
You can now register for NEOMAC with PayPal!

Send $45.00 (on or before October 15) for each registration made from your verified PayPal account to

c-sea@sbcglobal.net

In the PayPal message square, please tell us the names of each person you are registering. Thanks! and See All of You There!

P. S. Mailing a check to the treasurer is another option. Registration after Oct. 15 or at the door is $55.00.
Mail to:

C-Sea
c/o Paul Pfingsten
534 Augdon Drive
Elyria, Ohio 44035

brad
10/13/2003, 07:39 PM
PayPal information is on the web:

Please remember to register, the deadline is soon.

Bowman
10/14/2003, 05:27 PM
North East Ohio Marine Aquarium Conference is new, but the club behind it is large and has a long history at this kind of event. Cleveland Saltwater Enthusiasts Association, which has hosted two MACNA's in the past, has organized its first annual NEOMAC. It will be held in the new state-of-the-art conference center in Stow High School's new building. Not like any high school building most have ever been in, this was a multiple use facility we really couldn't pass up. It will be perfect for a one day conference. Nationally Recognized Speakers,

Eric Borneman, Anthony Calfo,
Tom Frakes, and Mike Paletta

will make this a great event before and after the luncheon included with the very reasonable registration fee. There will also be very interesting vender booths, and a raffle worth coming for by itself. Click below for driving directions, map, and nearby hotel accommodations if you are coming a distance. We have arranged for NEOMAC room rate discounts. You can pre-register for $45.00 by PayPal, credit card, or check at the website below by October 17, or $55.00 after the 17th.

tye_c
10/15/2003, 06:39 AM
How many people are coming so far?

Rhodophyta
10/15/2003, 08:11 AM
Tye, I only handle the PayPal and credit card registration, but I am positive we already have enough paid attendees to assure that this will become an annual event. I'd like to see a hundred people attend, but it has taken Marinelife Aquarium society of Michigan five years to firmly establish that level at their annual conference. However many we get over forty will be a great sign for the future. So please be one of them!

There is of course a plus side for registrants at a new event like this. The fewer there are, the more opportunity you have to talk directly with the speakers and maybe even eat lunch with one of them. We will try to have a speaker or a club officer at each table during the banquet. My son and I attended the first seven MACNA's and it was neat to have been there from the beginning.

See you at NEOMAC! You can pay with PayPal, credit card, or by check. Just look at John Janda's post above for a link.

brad
10/15/2003, 10:42 AM
Preregistration ends October 17, not October 15th. The web page is wrong, and will be updated soon.

ammiller2
10/16/2003, 05:29 PM
Any C-sea members out there:

I sent an email to Paul late last night but have not heard a response... No big deal but I thought I'd post here incase somebody else knew the answer.

I would really like to attend NEOMAC, but have a prior commitment and would not be able to make it until after the luncheon around 1:00 PM.

Does anybody know if tickets will still be available at the door after the luncheon? If so, are they still full price?

I would also like to be part of the raffle, so if that means pre-registering for full price to be part of the raffle, I have no problems with that. I just want to be sure that I will not cause any interruptions to the conference if I do not arrive until 1:00 PM.

Thanks for any responses.

holeinone1972
10/16/2003, 08:05 PM
Rob here from East Coast Clams. I sent John Janda an email with questions about a sponsorship table at the conference. I did not get a response so I wanted to post here to make sure he got it.

Hope to see you all there, should be great.

Rob
ECC

Bowman
10/16/2003, 11:42 PM
We did not make any provisions for 1/2 day tickets, I will check into that and get back to you. As this is the first conference, we are handling questions and exceptions as they come up so bear with us. Thanks

sabalough
10/18/2003, 09:39 AM
I too may be interested in 1/2 day ticket
Steve,

Faye Valentine
10/19/2003, 09:54 PM
Well HS! I was going to send in my registration dues tomorrow the 20th. I suppose that is too late? Even if I use PayPal? I'm sorry, but when I checked the website, I didn't see a deadline... :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: ??
I guess I don't understand what the big difference is since people will be paying and registering at the door.

Isn't preregistering less expensive since you are telling the organization ahead of time you're going, wether that be a month or day ahead? Now, since I missed the dealine, I'd rather save the stamp and just arrive out of the blue at the door, you know?
Since people don't have to preregister, the organization will never know how many people will show up until the day of, so I guess a deadline for preregister doesn't make much sense to me.

Faye

Rhodophyta
10/19/2003, 10:56 PM
Faye, the reason for the deadline is the day we need to tell the caterers the exact number of people for the banquet. They gave us a couple extra days so we extended the rate to the 17th. If you pay by paypal, you don't need a stamp even if you send it Friday. We added a set number of extra meals for walk-ins. We will have to pay for those, used or not. If we have more walk-ins than meals, the last late registrants will not be guaranteed to get a banquet pass. That would be the advantage of paying electronically, you would be at the front of the line for the extra few banquet slots. And another advantage is that since this year, we won't be set up at the registration table for it, if you want to pay by credit card, you have to do it in advance. To pay by credit card, just click on the PayPal logo on the club website pages. That will take you to a secure website (be sure to look; there should be a https: instead of http: "s" for Secure. Then you can pay securely online just like anywhere you could use your card.

holeinone1972
10/21/2003, 01:15 PM
Hey everyone, Rob here from East Coast Clams. Just wanted to say hi, and I look forward to seeing you all on Saturday. I hope it will be a great conference and one that continues to grow thru the years. 2 of the speakers are both locals to us here in Pittsburgh, but we still don't get a chance to see them as much as we would like. So a roadtrip to see them with your club sounds great.

I am very much looking forward to hear Eric's talk, we had him a few years back in the burgh, and I really enjoyed it.

My wife Beth and I are coming and we will be bringing as many goodies for sale at our 1 year anniversary prices as we can haul.

Can't wait till saturday.

Cya then,

Rob
ECC

Bowman
10/21/2003, 05:50 PM
This is shaping up to be a fantastic event with Nationally reckonized speakers, a wide variety of vendors with anything your heart desires "marine related of course", large dry goods and livestock raffles, door prizes and banquet. If you missed MACNA this is the place to be Saturday October 25th you don't want to miss this. Check out the web site for all the information,

http://WWW.C-SEA.ORG :beer: :beer: :fish1: :beer:

szwab
10/21/2003, 06:11 PM
Did you mention beer too? don't ever use those smilies unless you are serious John you were at our last meeting you should know:D

musicsmaker
10/22/2003, 08:58 AM
I don't know where else to post this, but I'll have my $55 at the door. See you all there!

Bowman
10/22/2003, 10:11 AM
Great look forward to see everyone at the conference. It is going to be just awesome. JJ

holeinone1972
10/24/2003, 07:51 PM
Well I am having a real BALL packing up the truck tonight. LOL

I am very much looking forward to meeting you guys tomorrow, and hearing from some great speakers.

Rob
East Coast Clams

musicsmaker
10/24/2003, 10:44 PM
Any Pittsburghers staying the night up there? I just found out that the Halloween bash is TOMORROW NIGHT instead of next weekend like I though it was going to be. This is a real curve ball for my plans. If you know of a hotel with vacancies please post back. Kent is the place to be on halloween, and I'd hate to miss it.

johndawg
11/01/2003, 10:57 PM
All Brad has updated website with pics!