PDA

View Full Version : IPSF

Nanook
05/17/2001, 01:08 AM
I know some people have had negative experiences with IPSF. I just wanted to take the time to say that I had an excellent experience with Gerald at IPSF. I placed an order for the 9/$99 deal and had to change the delivery date due to a hectic work schedule. Gerald changed the delivery date to the following week, no problem!

His specimens arrived alive and in great shape, he triple packs his bags, which keeps them from sinking when adding the water. His bristle worms were huge. All in all, the specimens look great in my tank. FWIW,

Nanook

Salt Creepy
05/17/2001, 10:07 AM
The packaging is extensive. In fact, there was so little moisture in the box that I received that the heat packs did not activate until I took them out and into the open air.

The items he sells are interesting but perhaps a little on the sparse side. It also seems that the selection is limited if one does not need any more bristle worms, mini-stars or pods. Those, and many more critters, come in a box of Raw Plant rock from paragonsales.com.

The feather algae is the type that I already had overunning one of my tanks. It is the small dark green feather and creates quite a smell when pruning. A severe pruning has seemed to cause stress on a couple types of coral, Alvepora and Xenia, but the stress is just a guess and may very well be a coincidence.

That said, every few years I still would consider trying to find other reefkeepers to split a bag of wondermud.

Peace

Nagel
05/26/2001, 09:18 PM
Ok, I placed an order for the 9/$99 with IPSF today at around 12 noon my time. I had asked if it was possible to receive it sometime next week with the order. Well, by 5 pm today I received a notice that the order was received, and they were scheduling it so I would receive my critters on friday, 6/1. Now I know alot of you complain about Gerald not emailing you back, but I seriously think you have email problems some times. This is my first time dealing with IPSF, and so far I'm very pleased. I'll edit in my thoughts on the critters and packing next friday, 6/1.

my .02

Pinecone_Jeff
05/29/2001, 09:51 AM
I recently bought Gerald's Live Sand activator package and was very pleased with his prompt response, packaging, and the critters that came with this package. I also bought 4 lbs of GARF Grunge. All this helped seed my 10 gal nano, which has been running now for 3 weeks and I couldn't be happier. I know both have had some bad reviews, but as far as I'm concerned, I like what I've gotten so far.

Snailman
05/29/2001, 08:26 PM
Pinecone_Jeff

[welcome]